Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum slow & locking up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    FYI - I seem to be having a problem from time to time with the forum locking up between pages or when I jump to a new thread. Usually it just times out.

Happens all the time with me, and is the main reason I dont post here often. I know several folks who dont come here at all because its just too damn slow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    Happens all the time with me, and is the main reason I dont post here often. I know several folks who dont come here at all because its just too damn slow.
    It is just about the slowest of any forum I go to, unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Same here, and I'm using a cable modem.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Can you guys saying it's slow do me a favor and ping the site?

Just open a command prompt window and type "ping www.m4carbine.net" (without quotes) and post the average ping time, and % loss.

Much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Can you guys saying it's slow do me a favor and ping the site?

Just open a command prompt window and type "ping www.m4carbine.net" (without quotes) and post the average ping time, and % loss.

Much appreciated!
    4:58 PM Eastern, 9/28/06
    Executed ping command 4 times. Each time had zero% loss. Times averaged from 86ms to 88ms. (For reference, the same ping to Yahoo.com averaged 18ms.) The site homepage displays reasonable quickly. It takes a few seconds to "paint" all of the sponsor images, but not long. The delay is in accessing specific threads. Currently taking 8-10 seconds from the time I click a link to the time the thread is opened.

Feedback Score
    Thanks yrac.

That ping isn't great but it's acceptable. No way should it be taking 10 seconds to load a thread. When I click into an uncached new thread it takes 2 seconds tops on my slowest connection in IE. In Firefox it's just about instantaneous.

Please bear with me while I try to figure out what might be causing this. It's working fine here so I'm taking stabs in the dark...

Does it seem any better now?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Average of 106 ms with 0% loss. I did a trace route and it looks slows travelling from east coast to the west coast. I tried it several times and there are usually a few "request timed out" trying to find the first hop across the US. The ISP is Level3 where this happens.

Feedback Score
    Average of 78 ms with 0% loss.

This thread took maybe 8-10 seconds to load. When I hit reply, it took maybe 8-10 seconds for the Reply page to load.

Feedback Score
    Dayum! There are some real Alpha Geeks here... some odd microseconds, with a percetage of loss do to the ping thing

I guess I am lucky, loads fine for me...
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    Different computer:

Average of 123 ms with 0% loss.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast