Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Forum slow & locking up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Took 27 seconds after I hit reply to fully load the page. I tried the ping thing but it just keep saying page not found. I'm on high speed cable using IE.

Feedback Score
    I don't know about this "ping" stuff, but it takes an inordinate amount of time for me to access any page on this site.

For example, it took about a minute from the time that I hit "Post Reply" to the time that the reply box came up.

Very often it takes up to 5 minutes for me to change from one page to the next on this site.

It has gotten a bit better in the last few weeks.

I remember one time, I clicked onto a thread, and I was able to go outside and walk the dog, make a pot of coffee and pour a cup, and sit back down at the computer, and it still wasn't showing the page I clicked on.
    I'd estimate about 10 minutes in that case.

It often takes 3-5 minutes to change pages for me on this website.
    It definitely interferes with my coming here, because it is a big investment of my time to even click on one thread.

I click the thread, the page goes dark for several minutes, and then the thread appears.

I'm on dial-up, and I know that's slow, but this site is probably 25 times slower than any other site on the web for me.

Feedback Score
    I will say that I used to have all sorts of issues with the site loading, hanging and that... Not sure if it was something you did on that end or something I did on this end -- I never thought about it, but since I loaded the newest Vista, the site performance is great?

I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    Wow!
    I don't know what happened over the last few days to make it better, but it has gotten alot better for me now.
    Speeded way up.
    Much better, thank you administrators!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twl
    Wow!
    I don't know what happened over the last few days to make it better, but it has gotten alot better for me now.
    Speeded way up.
    Much better, thank you administrators!
    Glad to hear it!

Admit it... you used KL's super fast connection secret...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know this sucks, but it has been slow and locking up on me all morning again.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Its been timing out for me but not slow when I can connect.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've never had any problems with the forum, until tonight. It's really slow and gets hung up between pages sometimes.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It has been crazy slow the last three days. So slow the home page never even loaded before I gave up. Now it's running just as fast as every other site. Weird.

Feedback Score
    The site is still locking up on me, I can bounce around about 4 or 5 different threads or topics and then click to another topic and nothing happens, it eventualy says page can not be displayed. Any ideas? I'm using cable internet and don't have this problem anywhere else, the site is fast enough when it works.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast