Thread: Are there any Safariland holsters that work with a DG switch without modification?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Are there any Safariland holsters that work with a DG switch without modification?

I know many people either have to file or heat the holster to accommodate the DG, but I saw a review from Mil-spec Monkey that said the ALS holsters have no issues with the switch. Is it maybe a recent, minor update? Supposedly its an easy fix if not, but I don't like paying for something that I still have to modify to work the way I want.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It depends on the weapon. I could loosen the holster and it would fit for my 1911. With my glock I removed a small piece from the holster and now it fits. I'm using a g17 with x300 ultra and a dg11. If need be I can upload a photo of where I removed a small piece. From the exterior you can't tell anything was removed.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The Safariland 6354DO fits with the DG switch installed. However this holster is only made for Glocks.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    The Safariland 6354DO fits with the DG switch installed. However this holster is only made for Glocks.
    I think that is the one that he was referring to specifically in the review, and maybe its the only one so far.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm gonna buy one of the new 7000 series holsters from Safariland some time in the future and I'll let you know if it fits or not when I do. I do believe they should as the holster does not make contact with any part of the gun (other than where it locks) as per safariland'so video/ad.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I'm gonna buy one of the new 7000 series holsters from Safariland some time in the future and I'll let you know if it fits or not when I do. I do believe they should as the holster does not make contact with any part of the gun (other than where it locks) as per safariland'so video/ad.
    There isn't enough room between the bottom of the trigger guard and the holster, it would need to be relieved.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 2, maybe 3, Safariland hood-type holsters for M&P 9/40 that are made specifically for the DG switch. I don't know the model number off the top of my head but can post up pics tonite. Each holster is at least a couple years old.

There is a pretty obvious "channel" molded into the holster where the switch rides.

The DG switch really makes you get your draw stroke correct.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ha!

6280-219 21 for an M&P 9/40.

The channel for the DG is pretty obvious:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/images/attach/jpg.gif

That holster will hold the gun/light without DG attached, but the (possible) disadvantage is one can snake a finger in there and pull the trigger with the gun in the holster:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/images/attach/jpg.gif

The holster on the right is a Safariland as well, but without the DG option.