Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm tired of waiting for Glock to actually listen to the market and release a single stack 9mm.

I own a pair of M&P Shield's, and just purchased a Walther PPS to replace the one I foolishly sold off in 2012 when I bought my first Shield.

My Glock 19's are going no where. But IF and WHEN Glock brings a sub compact 9mm to market, it would have to be something extraordinary in order for me to leave the PPS or the Shield.

I'm not a "Fan Boy" of any gun company. My guns are tools used for work and for my family's protection. I am a consumer, and if a company doesn't want my money, so be it. Other companies do...

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    The argument of Glock cerakoting as following a trend is false. Glock does not cerakote ANY gun they make!

The pistols in reference are the FDE Glocks that you could get with an Austrian FDE cerakoted slide was done so by Lipseys.

You can also get a Glock with a NP3 slide and barrel, again that is not done by Glock.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I dunno but there are FDE coated Glocks at my LGS. They still follow the modular frame and RMR trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    I dunno but there are FDE coated Glocks at my LGS. They still follow the modular frame and RMR trend.

Again, Glock did not cerakote those handguns. Lipseys received the FDE framed Glocks and they arranged the cerakoting of the slide. Also Glock had made the FDE Glocks long, long ago before Lipseys put a demand to have them released to civilian market.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal556 View Post
    Again, Glock did not cerakote those handguns. Lipseys received the FDE framed Glocks and they arranged the cerakoting of the slide. Also Glock had made the FDE Glocks long, long ago before Lipseys put a demand to have them released to civilian market.
    Again? I got you the first time. The guns don't specify anything about Lipsey's. They just say FDE on the box.

I did not repeat that Glock cerakoted.

Last edited by tylerw02; 01-31-15 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    Again? I got you the first time. The guns don't specify anything about Lipsey's. They just say FDE on the box.

They say "Dark Earth" because Glock makes the frame in that color in the polymer, not in cerakote. Glock has had that color for a long time... Before it became a trend..

Lipseys sent out the slides to be cerakoted, they are also the sole distributor of the FDE Glocks, Glockmeister gets the OD models. Then the two trade after they recieve the colored frames and then distribute to other stores.

Just like how the new Vickers Glock comes with the extras which get installed when they get to the stores. Glock does not install the floor plate and the mag release as it not their parts. The Vickers Glock was a collaboration with Lipseys and Vickers (along with Wilson Combat and Tango Down) and yet nothing on the case says anything about Lipseys..
    Last edited by Jackal556; 01-30-15 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal556 View Post
    They say "Dark Earth" because Glock makes the frame in that color in the polymer, not in cerakote. Glock has had that color for a long time... Before it became a trend..

Lipseys sent out the slides to be cerakoted, they are also the sole distributor of the FDE Glocks, Glockmeister gets the OD models. Then the two trade after they recieve the colored frames and then distribute to other stores.

Just like how the new Vickers Glock comes with the extras which get installed when they get to the stores. Glock does not install the floor plate and the mag release as it not their parts. The Vickers Glock was a collaboration with Lipseys and Vickers (along with Wilson Combat and Tango Down) and yet nothing on the case says anything about Lipseys..
    Yes I understand the reason for the label being the frame.

The fact that Glock doesn't cerakote them doesn't disprove that Glock is now a follower and not a leader. Tennifer being a 30 year old innovation.

Last edited by tylerw02; 01-31-15 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I think all he was trying to say is that Glock had been producing the dark earth frames for a particular SMU, for several years before they introduced them to the civilian market.

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 01-30-15 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the conversation, G30. You said Glock doesn't follow trends, which we've demonstrated they do. Maybe it is or isn't in their interest, but fact is there is demand and they are losing sales.

Thanks for the welcome! This topic is definitely for the "fan boys" to weep and rant and that's cool by me. It seemed to work when M&P shield owner started crying about having a shield without a safety. S&W made it happen! Question: How is GLOCK losing money on something that's not even in production or for sale. Without a supply you have no physical market, therefore, no business at all, because there's no one to sell anything to, so how is their money being lost by Glock? Good luck and I hope you all get what you want
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised ~ Gil Scott-Heron

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They are losing the opportunity to sell to that segment of the market, while oftentimes, it goes to their competitors. There is demand for SS 9mms and Glock doesn't make one. Their .380 just doesn't seem to scratch the need for most people.

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast