Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1084

Thread: Gunsmithing Hall of Shame Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Come on guys... That one ain't so bad.
    Dual pistol grips on a bolt action is a game changer!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll submit myself, and my new socom Barrel. Although it was intentional.

I’m getting this 14.5 Barrel cut to 10.3, the pinned MD needed to removed in order to get the FSB and Barrel nut off to avoid a disassembly fee.

So the threads and end of the barrel doesn’t really matter. It looks a lot worst than it actually is. Kitchen table gunsmithing at its finest. I wasn’t trying to be nice, I was just looking for results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light...
    That should be in the Gun Accessory Hall of Shame, not so much the Gunsmithing Hall of Shame.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What really makes this A OK is the super tactical testicles forward grip, Hall of Shame classic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Whenever I see something like this my first thought is "it's a joke" . Maybe because I am a nice guy and don't want to think the owner is an idiot.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

I’m getting this 14.5 Barrel cut to 10.3, the pinned MD needed to removed in order to get the FSB and Barrel nut off to avoid a disassembly fee.

So the threads and end of the barrel doesn’t really matter. It looks a lot worst than it actually is. Kitchen table gunsmithing at its finest. I wasn’t trying to be nice, I was just looking for results.

I move we reject your inclusion in this thread because salvage isn't neat work and you accomplished what you set out to do.

Plus you get extra style points for wearing a tennis bracelet, on the other hand, please don't wear loose stuff like that when operating machinery such as a drill press, etc.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

I just cut off a P/W MD to change it. I feel your pain. I used a battery powered grinder, leather gloves and eyepro.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    It helps to get one of those cheap vises mounted on a pedestal. Free swinging it is risky.. I have ground off quite a few muzzle devices and cheap non milspec FSP's and a few delta rings with larger grinders and surprisingly you can do a seamless job with a vise and steady hands without removing any more than need be. My last perm muzzle device I ground the weld off with a shop grinder and hit it with blackening liquid and it looked pro. I have seen some pretty scary work get re-used. I would cut that off with a band-saw and square it off, that way IF the compromised section does let go you wont blow frag back to your eye balls or someone else. You have enough meat left to thread on a A1 type device but I would not consider mounting a suppressor on that one..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    What really makes this A OK is the super tactical testicles forward grip, Hall of Shame classic.
    So from truck nuts to gun nuts?

You just cannot make this shit up.

Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast