Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOLF steel cased 75 BTHP

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WOLF steel cased 75 BTHP

Anybody tried this stuff yet?

Here are some threads from the "other" AR board.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=381307

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=384419

Feedback Score
    I actually got in 2K of this stuff the other day from J&G Sales. I just got back from the range a few hours ago. I only took 40 rounds just for grins, in addition to the 62 grain ammo already loaded in mags. It shot about 2'1/2 to 3 inches lower than the 62 grain my weapon was zeroed for. After getting a good zero, it shot descent groups (2 1/2 to 3 inch) at 100 yards. But I will have to do some more shooting to do a good range report.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    I actually got in 2K of this stuff the other day from J&G Sales. I just got back from the range a few hours ago. I only took 40 rounds just for grins, in addition to the 62 grain ammo already loaded in mags. It shot about 2'1/2 to 3 inches lower than the 62 grain my weapon was zeroed for. After getting a good zero, it shot descent groups (2 1/2 to 3 inch) at 100 yards. But I will have to do some more shooting to do a good range report.
    2-3" is about what I'd expect from inexpensive practice ammo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    do you have any more info on this ammo.

i've been shooting a lot of the PRVI 75 / Wolf Gold brass cased stuff

just curious on how the steel has been performing for you so far.

i have some Wolf 62 grain stuff that i use for non-static shooting, wondering if i should buy some of the steel just to use for shoot move practice for my optics that are already dialed in for 75 TAP and PRVI.

has it been worth it so far, or should i just stick to the 62 grain stuff i have lying around
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have not found it to shoot any more accurately out of my 1/7 twist MRP upper then the 55 or 62gr Wolf (actually, I have gotten better accuray with the 62gr. Wolf). I have run just over 1,500rds of the 75gr. HP steel cased ammo through my MRP over the past couple of months.

Feedback Score
    I've been getting erratic shot groups with the 75 grains out of the middy. I'll try it with my 6920 this weekend. FYI: I've got excellent groups with Black Box 55 gn HP's, Wolf Classic and 62 grain Barnaul SP's with the Colt.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In the Sep 10 issue of Shotgun News, David Fortier did a review of the Wolf 75gr steel case rounds. He states that Wolf designed this round as a training or practice load and in his test he fired 800 rds. The 16'' barrel had a velocity of 2690. He did mention it does have leftover powder residue similar to other Wolf loads.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just had 600 round of this stuff dropped off at my house today- too bad I wont be home for almost 3 and a half months.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I'm still getting very inconsistent groups with this stuff at 50 and 100 yards. I compared it to Wolf 62gr FMJ, HP and Barnaul 62gr JSP, which all 3 came in at 2 1/2 to 3 inches shooting 10 shot groups. The 75gr JHPs were 4 to 5 inch groups. IMHO, I'd use it for plinking only. Anybody getting better results or have ballistic info?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Admittedly, this was my first and only group with the Wolf 75gr HP. S&W MP-15T

Wolf 75gr HP @ 100yds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast