Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaching Tools for LE Patrol

Feedback Score
    Non-LEO, FD perspective, the Halligan is a staple breaching/forcible entry tool and would be the first item I would grab to force a door... As SoTex1 mentioned, there are likely training opportunities on houses that are going to be demo-ed... At the FD we have a forcible entry prop which is very beneficial for technique development, I would check with the FD and see if they have one...Sure the "brothers in blue" would be welcome, ours are!!
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Pro-bar halligan
    8lb sledge or maul
    30" bolt cutters

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We have the Blackhawk breachers backpack. We have at least one in each district with a shield. They are in a nice package but none of the tools are ideal. The bolt cutters are short. The sledge is ok but I've never gotten the wedge to fit in a door frame since it is so thick. The whole backpack gets heavy fast when wearing a plate carrier. Another thing to remember is you are the mule with the backpack, you can't get any of the tools off without another officers assistance. We just throw them in the trunk of cars with no great organization. David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12