Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Ejection issue after chambering live round

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duckspeaker1 View Post
    Are there witness marks or scratches on the casings after firing? that could eliminate or pin point a potential issue right there....
    Color the entire round with a sharpie. Chamber, extract and inspect. That should give you an idea of what is going on. 7.62x39 ammo is infamous for being produced well undersized. For it to stick in a chamber says something is off...pretty bad.
    When trying to extract a stuck round you may want to try a large screw driver up through the magwel. Pry the carrier back by twisting the screw driver. It may save you a broken charge handle.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are there any marks on the round (if you get it it out manually). I know a guy who did the same thing and his chamber was out of soec so badly it was ballooning the cases so he could not resize them. I do know that there are only a couple of mfrs that make high quality x39 parts; most are cheap crap.

If you found marks on the bullet, the leade might be too short causing it to engage the rifling too soon; I've seen that a number of times in cheap "5.56" chambered bbls.

You could contact the bbl mfr and see if they would replace the bbl. The guy here did that and the mfr actually replaced the bbl for him (even though it was a cheap bbl).

Dykem Blue works well for finding marks on things and it should withstanding the chambering and firing pretty well.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 01-09-15 at 08:04.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12