Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so everyone is a shooter but?

Feedback Score
    I used to lift heavy, but know after some years, aches and pains, go more for med weight and more reps. I usually follow with a few miles on the treadmill or my prefered eliptical as it's easier on my knees.
    Same here but still lift a little heavy but take more recovery time. Just join a gym and get in a routine.
    Just looked at the crossfit program . It does look like an excellent workout routine.
    Not the original texasyid

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I jog regularly. I find that in addition to the exercise it relieves stress, helps me sleep (I have had insomnia issues since I was a teen) and generally makes me a happier, healthier person. Sometimes I go cycling, but I prefer jogging. When I'm looking for something less intense, I will go hiking or simply go for a nice, long walk.

I really need to start some sort of weight training program to help with my skinny little arms, though.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1.5 hours a day in the gym, 5 days a week.

............and I'm not doing another minute more.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    I jog regularly. I find that in addition to the exercise it relieves stress, helps me sleep (I have had insomnia issues since I was a teen) and generally makes me a happier, healthier person. Sometimes I go cycling, but I prefer jogging. When I'm looking for something less intense, I will go hiking or simply go for a nice, long walk.

I really need to start some sort of weight training program to help with my skinny little arms, though.

Derek
    That's funny. When I wasn't in a fitness routine I couldn't sleep either. As long as I am I sleep just fine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i mountain bike a lot.
    i also ride a fair amount of road.

my job demands heavy lifting and occasionally climbing up on stuff.

i'm in decent shape. being 25 years old helps too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Let me see if this attachment will work.

No luck. too big. I have this great pic of some morbidly obese idiot from TOS! I'll have to get it hosted later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    The PMC company I am part of probably has the highest PT standards of any other PMC I know of. Even the Blackwater guys think we are crazy. Our current test is very simple. Run two miles with full body armor, mags, rifle and pistol, helmet, etc (55 pounds) in under 22:30 minutes. Not as easy as you may think.

Those who fail get 30 days to pass it or they are fired...
    ouch...
    i think i'd be delighted to survive that.

Feedback Score
    2x a week, 2 - 3 hr mountain bike ride
    weekend, 4+ hr ride

not at a relaxed pace, pushing hard, minimal stops

racing and road riding on top of that

Feedback Score
    swim every day, upper body weight training 6x per week. Used to bike and run alot but knees are trash. probably would slack off if I had to leave home to work out. another year or so and my youngest will out bench me and if the eyes keep going he may own me on the handgun course. Is it 5 yet, I need a beer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Our current test is very simple. Run two miles with full body armor, mags, rifle and pistol, helmet, etc (55 pounds) in under 22:30 minutes. Not as easy as you may think.
    An admirable test, but one which will destroy your joints if done very often. Once you crawl up over 30 and continue doing PT like that, you will eventually pay the price. There are better ways to test upper/lower body strength/endurance and cardio-vascular conditioning without tearing up one's body as much.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast