Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske 12.5 GP Carbine

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I've got a 10.5,11.5,and 12.5 like the 12.5 the best.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bad ass rifle, Noveske was very fond of the 12.5 inch barrel and spoke of it as the best of all worlds. I have the DI MRP and wish that LMT would produce a DI 12.5 barrel. May have to go the 14.5 cut down route to get it done. How is the RGV this evening? We are experiencing some freezing rain up here in CENTEX. God Bless Texas!!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowietx View Post
    Bad ass rifle, Noveske was very fond of the 12.5 inch barrel and spoke of it as the best of all worlds. I have the DI MRP and wish that LMT would produce a DI 12.5 barrel. May have to go the 14.5 cut down route to get it done. How is the RGV this evening? We are experiencing some freezing rain up here in CENTEX. God Bless Texas!!

I spoke with John about the 12.5 when he started to sell them. He sold be on the first 12.5" SS Crusaders and I have been a fan since. I almost went the 14.5 MRP cut-down route...I still may.

We are getting some very cold weather (for us it is very cold) here in South Texas so up there it must be very bad...
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The MRP is a great platform and I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. Currently getting a nice coating of frozen rain, going to have to incorporate some snowboarding into the shooting tomorrow. Have you taken on any coyotes/hogs with this setup? Happy New Year!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Are you thinking of cutting down a 14.5" barrel? That is the way I would go.
    I have a 16", that I'm considering cutting down, and getting dimpled.

Fear nothing, Nor anyone!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Noveske 12.5 GP Carbine

Are you thinking of cutting down a 14.5" barrel? That is the way I would go.
    I have a 16", that I'm considering cutting down to 12.5, and getting dimpled

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakedasnake View Post
    I have a 16", that I'm considering cutting down to 12.5, and getting dimpled

Isn't that a mid-lenght gas system? I don't think that would work very well. The 14.5 MRP barrel is carbine length.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowietx View Post
    The MRP is a great platform and I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. Currently getting a nice coating of frozen rain, going to have to incorporate some snowboarding into the shooting tomorrow. Have you taken on any coyotes/hogs with this setup? Happy New Year!!
    No hunting with it. I usually use my SPR for that. But I may give it a shot (pun intended) next time I go out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Isn't that a mid-lenght gas system? I don't think that would work very well. The 14.5 MRP barrel is carbine length.
    Yes, I'm going to have to look into that. The gunsmith that I plan on sending my barrel to, I'll question him about it, as well as LMT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No hunting with it. I usually use my SPR for that. But I may give it a shot (pun intended) next time I go out.
    I have that magazine where Noveske's on the cover (I think) and he's talking about how he loved hunting with his 12.5" barrel. I Also believe it was one of the last interviews he did.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast