Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske 12.5 GP Carbine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I am a huge fan of the 12.5" barrel. I feel that is is as close to the "do it all AR" as they come. It is short enough to work in vehicles and confined spaces yet it is long enough to reach out to 500 meters and can stabilize the heavier 5.56 rounds(MK262). Overall the best GP set up if you have only one rifle, I do not but that is irrelevant.

To start off I wanted to set this up as my primary carbine. So it is loaded to everything that I need it to do. I have had this in may different configurations over the last few years but this is the final product.

UPPER:

- Rainier Arms Upper
    - Noveske 12.5" CHF Barrel with pinned Gas Block
    - Noveske complete BCG
    - Vltor Gunfighter Charging Handle (Large Latch)
    - LaRue 11.0 Rail with Index Clips
    - LaRue FUG
    - AAC Blackout 51T Muzzle Brake
    - Troy Sights, front and rear
    - Trijicon TA-33G-H with LaRue Mount
    - LDI DBAL-D2 Class 1 IR Laser (Red Visible) with LaRue Mount
    - SureFire Scout with LaRue Mount
    - AAC Mini4

LOWER:

- DPMS lower (I have had this for about 15 years now and more rounds than I can even think about)
    - CMT lower parts kit
    - CMC Single Stage 3-3.5lb Trigger Group (I do not like two stage triggers for a fighting carbine)
    - KNS pins
    - Noveske STS 60 Degree Ambidextrous Safety
    - MagPul Trigger Guard
    - Tango Down Battlegrip BG-17 (very heavily stippled)
    - BFG Redi-Mod
    - MagPul BAD
    - Vltor eMOD Stock
    - Vltor Buffer Tube, Nut & Spring
    - Noveske Endplate
    - Colt H2 buffer

Not pictured is my very old BFG VCAS. I like the PMAG 40s as my first up mags and have PMAG 30s in mt kit. The custom paint job is just some Krylon colors I had, no real pattern just paind the stuff that was standing out. I still need to paint the DBAL-D2 and the Mini4.

Here are some bad cell phone pics.

Love it!

I keep changing between 10.5", 14.5", and 16" as my favorite barrel length... Maybe 12.5" was where I should have gone in the first place and just stayed there!
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I like my BCm 12.5" KINO upper as well.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Updated a few years later.

Added a RMR to the ACOG (I had this set up for years started back in 2003 with a J Point on a NSN model)

Added a Full power PEQ

Added a Vampire Head to the Surefire Scout

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Lots of good info in this thread.

Used it with DocSherm’s help to build my own Noveske 12.5” GP rifle.

I’ve got an AAC Mini4 on the way for it. Super handy and capable. Love the BCM rail. RobertTheTexan used this gun for a couple drills and liked it as well (especially the BCM furniture and rail).

This gun is a laser beam. Consistently rings steel at 300 with very little POI shift suppressed.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-17-20 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Updated a few years later.

Added a RMR to the ACOG (I had this set up for years and I love it)

Added a Full power PEQ

Added a Vampire Head to the Surefire Scout

Holy crap we both bumped a 6 year old thread at the exact same time down to the minute?!?

I know no one reading this will believe it, but I know you do DocSherm because you know we hadn’t talked about it! What a freaking coincidence! My mind is literally blown right now.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-17-20 at 21:27. Reason: Profanity due to disbelief removed

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Holy crap we both bumped a 6 year old thread at the exact same time down to the minute?!?

I know no one reading this will believe it, but I know you do DocSherm because you know we hadn’t talked about it! What a freaking coincidence! My mind is literally blown right now.
    That is freaky.......

I came back to add other changes that I left off:

Added Radian Ambi Safety
    Added Vltor A5 buffer system
    Added MagPul MOE Plus grip
    Added LaRue Single stage trigger
    Added a Arisaka Scout Mount
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Love this thread, might build one of these later but got a BRT 11.5 because I wanted to know the fuss of the 6P rifling.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    12.5 that I built back in 2010 and remains largely identical today as when I built it. It’s been through two EAG classes and been flawless. I wish more rail companies offered 11” rails. I own 9-10 AR 15’s and this is likely my favorite one.

LMT Lower (SBR)
    BCM Upper receiver
    BCM Barrel
    BCM BCG
    LaRue 11” rail
    Troy BUIS
    Legacy Aimpoint T1 in LaRue mount

I’ll snap a current pic and post it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rushca01; 04-26-20 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Doc & Euro,

I started a thread about this the other day in AR Gen Discussion. It’s been stickied if you want to find it, but I’m curious about your optic selection...Why ACOG over LPVO when the weight would roughly be the same (or less)?

Not sure if it was this one or another post by Doc, but his 12.5” GP build is what got me on that path as well. Really like the concept as a go-to do-all build.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Doc & Euro,

I started a thread about this the other day in AR Gen Discussion. It’s been stickied if you want to find it, but I’m curious about your optic selection...Why ACOG over LPVO when the weight would roughly be the same (or less)?

Not sure if it was this one or another post by Doc, but his 12.5” GP build is what got me on that path as well. Really like the concept as a go-to do-all build.
    Two reasons:

First, to a lesser extent, the ACOG is lighter than a LPVO.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have so many spare ACOGs lying around I don't even know what to do with them. So a lot of my new builds get one.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast