Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Noveske 12.5 GP Carbine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Doc,

What a great thread, and especially timely for me.

How do you find the Noveske CHF barrel's accuracy compared to a SS barrel at distance?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have the CHF Noveske as a true GP rifle. The SS one with the NX8 is my Urban Recce. I will go for the NX8 one only if I plan on some dedicated long range precision shooting. Otherwise i use my GP rifle.

I like the 1-4, 6, 8 scopes. I like them a lot. I have them set up to use an IR laser at night as the scope is not a good way to shoot with passive NV. I have thought of a piggyback RMR for dedicated NV use with the Scope. I may try that.

As fof the weight, i don't care about that. I care that it is set up properly and does what it is supposed to.
    Thanks man. Makes sense. I will eventually go the piggyback MRDS route when I have NV capability. I was looking at the Badger C1 Mount as the platform to do that with and debating between 1.7 and 1.93...not sure if the 1.70 height would clear a laser and not sure if the MRDS would sit too high in the 1.93 configuration. I’m a believer in the 1.93 height though. Any thoughts there?
    Last edited by Ironman8; 04-25-20 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    Doc,

What a great thread, and especially timely for me.

How do you find the Noveske CHF barrel's accuracy compared to a SS barrel at distance?
    The CHF Noveske is a solid MOA barrel. The SS barrel is a bit better. The absolute best i have gotten is .65 MOA.

I shot out a Noveske 12.5 Carbine gas SS barrel and replaced it with the CHF one several years ago. For my srt up i would take the slightly less accurate barrel for the much better barrel life.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Thanks man. Makes sense. I will eventually go the piggyback MRDS route when I have NV capability. I was looking at the Badger C1 Mount as the platform to do that with and debating between 1.7 and 1.93...not sure if the 1.70 height would clear a laser and not sure if the MRDS would sit too high in the 1.93 configuration. I’m a believer in the 1.93 height though. Any thoughts there?
    If you are going to use a Laser, get the 1.93.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How do the SS barrels hold up compared to CL? As in how much faster do they shoot out?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    How do the SS barrels hold up compared to CL? As in how much faster do they shoot out?

Really depends on the barrel. I have over 15k on the CHF Noveske and it is still a solid MOA barrel.

I would guess at about 10 to 15k difference.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The CHF Noveske is a solid MOA barrel. The SS barrel is a bit better. The absolute best i have gotten is .65 MOA.

I shot out a Noveske 12.5 Carbine gas SS barrel and replaced it with the CHF one several years ago. For my srt up i would take the slightly less accurate barrel for the much better barrel life.
    I came to the same conclusion several years ago. I used to run a dedicated "cheaper" training AR to preserve accurate barrel life but it just wasnt the same with slight differences in balance, handling, feel ect. SS are only for dedicated precision rigs now.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-25-20 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    About what I was thinking. Thanks man. Right now I am looking at the Criterion 12.5”.
    Really depends on the barrel. I have over 15k on the CHF Noveske and it is still a solid MOA barrel.

I would guess at about 10 to 15k difference.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I can’t speak to all stainless barrels, but the Noveske ones hold up to abuse and 5 digit counts better than the internet would have you expect for stainless barrels.

You guys are making me want to go back to an ACOG with a dot on top.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You guys are making me want to go back to an ACOG with a dot on top.
    You won't do it. No balls.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast