Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Noveske 12.5 GP Carbine

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I started to shoot with a reflex sugjt and NODs bsck in the mid 1990s. It is a great way to have no IR signature whe shooting at night. I can shoot with both the RMR and the ACOG with my Pvs14. Ieear it over my non-dominant eye. The eye releaf is enough that i can still shoot the ACOG if need be, but the RMR is much easier with NODs.
    I know you use a TA-33. How about a TA-31? Is it at all practical through NODs, or does the short eye relief make it unusable?
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    You won't do it. No balls.
    Well, since you said that, I guess I’ll have to do a few overtime shifts now....

Edit: Well, I just perused Trijicon’s catalog. And I remembered the reasons I don’t prefer the ACOG anymore. No balls, indeed.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-27-20 at 05:40.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I know you use a TA-33. How about a TA-31? Is it at all practical through NODs, or does the short eye relief make it unusable?
    It's extremely difficult to get a proper eye relief with a TA31 while wearing a PVS-14 over your non dominant eye. You will definitely have to back away a few inches. The FOV will be narrower, but still usable.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    Just waht GTF425 was saying. It is a total pain. With NVG i use the RMR on top.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Thanks man. Makes sense. I will eventually go the piggyback MRDS route when I have NV capability. I was looking at the Badger C1 Mount as the platform to do that with and debating between 1.7 and 1.93...not sure if the 1.70 height would clear a laser and not sure if the MRDS would sit too high in the 1.93 configuration. I’m a believer in the 1.93 height though. Any thoughts there?
    Keep in mind if you’re going to run 1.93 you’ll now have greater offset for your close shots, your dope out at distance will be different, murder holes (think barricades/under vehicles) could be out of use and when you rotate your gun for shooting under cover will now have a greater offset. Tony cowden has some good posts regarding why the high mounts are the way to go. If you’re a swat dude and always under nods and using a gas mask sure get the high mount, but normal dude I would roll 1.7 or standard height. Also depending on your body type shooting in the prone can be uncomfortable with a high mount.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Keep in mind if you’re going to run 1.93 you’ll now have greater offset for your close shots, your dope out at distance will be different, murder holes (think barricades/under vehicles) could be out of use and when you rotate your gun for shooting under cover will now have a greater offset. Tony cowden has some good posts regarding why the high mounts are the way to go. If you’re a swat dude and always under nods and using a gas mask sure get the high mount, but normal dude I would roll 1.7 or standard height. Also depending on your body type shooting in the prone can be uncomfortable with a high mount.
    If you are using an IR laser at rhe 12 o'clock position you will want a 1.93 scope mount. That is just enough hight to clear it. If you use a lower mount you are going to get the obscured vision at the bottom of the sigjt picture on 1X. If you plan on using a scole for CQB on 1X that obscured part will mess with your sight picture.

99% of all of my scope mounts are the 1.93 height because I have a laser for NV. What you are saying about body position and such would be a factor if it was not .4 inches that we sre talking about.

The RMR on top of any scope is much higher. That i can see having some issues in the prone and such. But if that is the case then you can always use the scope on 1X. If you have a RMR or any other Reflex sight on top of a scope it is a secondary optic only. The reflex sight is for close up shooting or for passive NVG shooting.

That is why i have the TA33 on my 12.5 as the primary optic. I use it most of the time. When shootimg passive NV i use the RMR. When i am doing close up work i will also use the RMR. If i am in the prone i will use the ACOG. I have also been using this same optic set up for about 10 years now. So i have become very used to it and it workes very well for me for about 75% of what i want it to do.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a hellava nice looking rig. I think my next build is gonna be a 12.5.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What ammo do you typically run in this gun or for other combat setups?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    What ammo do you typically run in this gun or for other combat setups?
    I use either 62 gr Lake City or Black Hills MK262.

I have used all differant types to check function. Everyrhing from Wolf Classic to PMC. All types of gr also, from 50 to 77 and everything in between.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use either 62 gr Lake City or Black Hills MK262.

I have used all differant types to check function. Everyrhing from Wolf Classic to PMC. All types of gr also, from 50 to 77 and everything in between.
    62gr LC FMJ???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast