Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Wait Times dropping like gas prices...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

ATF Wait Times dropping like gas prices...

I know there is a thread to report NFA times, but in order to avoid cluttering it up I'd like to create a new thread.

I've noticed a significant decrease in transfer times over the past few months to times unseen since pre-2010 at least.

I ordered my Octane suppressor from silencer shop on August 20~. It was received at my dealer Sept 15, and the Form 4 approval came in today 12/31.

That is a total time, including Form 3 transfer, of 4.5 months. It is well known that E-filed Form 1s are taking ~30 days.

Is this expected to drop even more?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-03-15 at 08:53.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    It'd be nice if was across the board. I'm waiting on F4's for a 212 can from May, an Evo from June, and still waiting for my F3 from mid November.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    It'd be nice if was across the board. I'm waiting on F4's for a 212 can from May, an Evo from June, and still waiting for my F3 from mid November.
    I saw a bunch of F4 individuals from late April early May come through a few weeks back. I'd really like to see the transfer times drop significantly more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Yeap...I picked up a YHM can this week........forms went pending back in May..
    Just remember when you are in doubt...It was amateurs that built the Ark, pro's who built the Titanic.......

At my current rate of posting, I might get to post in GD in 2015.......

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Sorry to hear that, guys. I saw a bunch of Sept forms being approved over on TOS and here, and assumed it was that way across the board.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

ATF Times shrinking like gas prices...

I ordered two cans from Silencer Shop on the same day (I think in august). One took 4 weeks to form 3. One too 12, lol. Gonna submit a form 1 soon, hoping for ~30 says.
    Last edited by jstalford; 01-01-15 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sorry to hear that, guys. I saw a bunch of Sept forms being approved over on TOS and here, and assumed it was that way across the board.
    The may have screwed up, and in the rush to further bloat the federal government... hired a few people with motivation and brain cells.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I know there is a thread to report NFA times, but in order to avoid cluttering it up I'd like to create a new thread.

I've noticed a significant decrease in transfer times over the past few months to times unseen since pre-2010 at least.

I ordered my Octane suppressor from silencer shop on August 20~. It was received at my dealer Sept 15, and the Form 4 approval came in today 12/31.

That is a total time, including Form 3 transfer, of 4.5 months. It is well known that E-filed Form 1s are taking ~30 days.

Is this expected to drop even more?

Your information is meaningless unless you state the transfer was to an individual or a legal entity.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Trust.

Feedback Score
    I agree, I filed paper Form 4 with a Trust and got it back in 4 months almost to the date. I sent it in August 2014, I called with my serial # about two months in to my wait and they told me it looked like it would be done April 2015….then it showed up approved in December 2014. Pretty cool, still pleasantly surprised.
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast