Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Wait Times dropping like gas prices...

Feedback Score
    Approved Form 1 (SBR) 3 months. Got the Tax Stamp 12/26/2014! Merry Christmas to me!
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Weggy, did you file as an individual? Eforms with entities are taking almost 30 days.

My dealer said he's been seeing Form 3 times increase to almost 2 months but Form 4 times are dropping almost by the week.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-01-15 at 15:53.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I know there is a thread to report NFA times, but in order to avoid cluttering it up I'd like to create a new thread.

I've noticed a significant decrease in transfer times over the past few months to times unseen since pre-2010 at least.

I ordered my Octane suppressor from silencer shop on August 20~. It was received at my dealer Sept 15, and the Form 4 approval came in today 12/31.

That is a total time, including Form 3 transfer, of 4.5 months. It is well known that E-filed Form 1s are taking ~30 days.

Is this expected to drop even more?
    When did you mail out your form 4?

I have 6 cans I mailed out on the 18th of September. I was cautiously hoping for my birthday in March, but will gladly take them early!
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't remember the mailing date, but I signed the form Sept 15 and they cashed my check Sept 18th.

I picked it up today.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just use this site: http://www.nfatracker.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    4 months for me for a couple of cans filed the old fashioned way. Not too bad.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Just use this site: http://www.nfatracker.com
    Unless you know a way to do it - that site is almost impossible to use because there is no way to separate EForm 1s with Paper Form 4s. If you sort the data by Check cashed date you will see a ton of forms from mid November and earlier that have already been approved but they are all Eforms.

You can use the charts they have, but their data is on a 6 month rolling basis and this seems to be a recent (2 months) development.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't remember the mailing date, but I signed the form Sept 15 and they cashed my check Sept 18th.

I picked it up today.
    Great news for me. I sent off paperwork for my newest suppressor on 10/20 so if your timeline is any indication I could see mine by my birthday at the end of this month. I'm not going to hold my breath but that would be much better than the spring time frame I had in mind when sending it off and even that was optimistically based off of the last two suppressors I had which took 9 months and 8 months respectively when the previous one took over a year.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Unless you know a way to do it - that site is almost impossible to use because there is no way to separate EForm 1s with Paper Form 4s. If you sort the data by Check cashed date you will see a ton of forms from mid November and earlier that have already been approved but they are all Eforms.

You can use the charts they have, but their data is on a 6 month rolling basis and this seems to be a recent (2 months) development.
    I use the trend graph and uncheck everything except form 4 trust and paper form. I then click on the data points on the far right. Lots of form 4s coming under 4 months according to that.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I use the trend graph and uncheck everything except form 4 trust and paper form. I then click on the data points on the far right. Lots of form 4s coming under 4 months according to that.
    I do the same. You can also just go to the main page and look to see what month they are delivering on and what was the corresponding duration. Most of them are on the same timeline unless there are issues with the paperwork.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast