Thread: Looking for a shop to re-time Dan Wesson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Looking for a shop to re-time Dan Wesson

Hello all,

I am trying to find a good smith that can re-time my Dan Wesson 44. It is ever so slightly out of time when cocking it into SA slowly by hand. DA seems to lock up fine and SA locks if a normal cocking speed is used. I know I can't compare it to my Python, but it is hard not to be concerned after comparing them. Is this normal for the cyclinder to not lock when cocked slowly with the hammer on the Wessons. It may be an issue with the hammer rotating the cylinder since it locks when shot in DA.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have used Cylinder & Slide in Fremont, Nebraska for revolver work. They've been around a long, long time, have a great reputation, and certainly did well by me.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How about our own Mr. Smith. Here is an example of his work.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...and-much-loved
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Forgot about them, my uncle had a PM9 de-horned there.

I might save on some shipping and just send the frame. Got to love interchangable barrels.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Send it to Dan Wesson. I bought a used and abused M15 to them a few years back. It had a broken trigger axis pin. They had exceptional Customer Service! 2 weeks after sending it off, it arrived back at UPS for me to pick-up.
    They not only replaced the axis pin, but re-timed it, polished the exterior, set the cylinder gap/forcing cone and gave me a barrel bushing wrench. As I recall, the whole thing was approx: $120, including UPS shipping. Very pleasant, helpful people!

Feedback Score
    Yup. CZ/Dan Wesson will still support older Dan Wesson revolvers.