Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Is There A Better SBR Suppressor Than The Surefire RC...?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Just saw this deal, figured I would post it. $799 for a Socom RC. I have never bought anything from these guys. Good luck!

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...ocom556-rc.htm
    SMOKING DEAL! If I didn't already have several I'd jump on it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    This is the first I've heard of it- as someone else mentioned in that thread maybe they didn't seat it correctly before tightening it down. That would cause it to seem mounted correctly but would launch downrange in short order. Curious about more info on the issues...
    I don't know what to believe. As someone who has only shot SF suppressors, I'm a little skeptical of the comments about SFs "never having teeth." At the same time, the author of that post has as much or more time behind suppressors than anyone in this thread.

My personal opinion as someone who owns a SOCOM mini is that the Surefire is not a clearly superior option to the Silencerco. The Saker's mount is reported to be SOLID with very diverse options. Both the Saker and SOCOM are tanks in terms of construction and backup support. The Saker is the clear winner in terms of suppression while the SF probably edges it on POI shift (although you have no business using a suppressor if you don't know how to overcome this). Weight and size probably go to the Silencerco side - especially if you are talking about the Omega.

In the end, both companies make great cans and trying to compare them is like choosing between a BMW or Audi.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-04-15 at 01:57.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I don't know what to believe. As someone who has only shot SF suppressors, I'm a little skeptical of the comments about SFs "never having teeth." At the same time, the author of that post has as much or more time behind suppressors than anyone in this thread.

My personal opinion as someone who owns a SOCOM mini is that the Surefire is not a clearly superior option to the Silencerco. The Saker's mount is reported to be SOLID with very diverse options. Both the Saker and SOCOM are tanks in terms of construction and backup support. The Saker is the clear winner in terms of suppression while the SF probably edges it on POI shift (although you have no business using a suppressor if you don't know how to overcome this). Weight and size probably go to the Silencerco side - especially if you are talking about the Omega.

In the end, both companies make great cans and trying to compare them is like choosing between a BMW or Audi.
    Didn't the guy say he had very little time with suppressors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Didn't the guy say he had very little time with suppressors?

He was being sarcastic. He is generally considered to be the suppressor authority at PF. I'd imagine that most SEAL snipers have plenty of time behind cans, and he has somewhere close to 15 years with the Teams (according to a PM that he sent me during a disagreement that we had over some of the celebrity SEALs who are his friends).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    There is a thread in PF.com where a SME claims that the SEALS pulled their SF suppressors due to a design flaw in the mount.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ire+suppressor

He implies that they have had systemic problems with SF suppressors. My understanding is that he is / was the senior NCO for a SEAL sniper platoon.
    It was user error. More explicit instructions have now been included with the SF suppressors, as I understand it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    He was being sarcastic. He is generally considered to be the suppressor authority at PF. I'd imagine that most SEAL snipers have plenty of time behind cans, and he has somewhere close to 15 years with the Teams (according to a PM that he sent me during a disagreement that we had over some of the celebrity SEALs who are his friends).
    I was wondering how he could be part of the teams for so long and have little exposure to suppressors. Damn sarcasm.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Bottom line, I don't think that we really know which suppressor is the "best" for SBR use. The rifle suppressor landscape has changed that much in just 3 years. The SF offerings are probably the safe choice despite a handful of end user complaints about the mount. There are other choices that have better (or worse) noise reduction, weight, size, mounting versatility, POI shift, gas blowback, etc. However these choices were not around for the SOCOM trials that won SF the contract. Prospective buyers need to decide how much risk they are willing to take to squeeze out as much performance as possible.

I'll probably add a Saker 762 and Omega to my collection before the new NFA Trust requirements go into effect. I can see how they go head to head against my SOCOM Mini when they get out of jail.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-08-15 at 01:57.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213