Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magpul 700 SA stock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Just seen it via the Magpul Dynamics fb page. I would like to know more about their bedding system. Also wondering when they are going to release a long action stock. The video showed it having a DBM system, I wonder if they will offer bottom metal and mags separately. I do like that they have cheek rise capability like their SGA. I am anxiously awaiting more info though.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    Subscribed for any new news! Would love to see more about this!
    I always wanted to take two shotguns and mount one on either side of a Rottweiler...I will call the breed a Shottweiler

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is there some reason that the stock could not be made to accept the .308 mags that Magpul already makes (AR style)? That seems like a no-brainer, but none of the existing DBM systems out there for bolt guns are made to accept the most common form of detachable magazine. Perhaps I am ignorant, and there is a good reason for this?

I am very interested in learning more about this stock.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuvik View Post
    Is there some reason that the stock could not be made to accept the .308 mags that Magpul already makes (AR style)? That seems like a no-brainer, but none of the existing DBM systems out there for bolt guns are made to accept the most common form of detachable magazine. Perhaps I am ignorant, and there is a good reason for this?

I am very interested in learning more about this stock.
    I'm no expert, but a couple of points come to mind:

(1) AR mags are staggerfeed, whereas the AICS mags are centerfeed. The vast majority of DBMs out there use AICS mags (not the double-stack AW mags).

(2) LR20s are limited to MAYBE 2.820" COAL, whereas SA AICS mags let you load a LOT longer (useful if you're shooting VLDs).

All in all, I like using AICS mags on my bolt gun. They work very well.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I'm no expert, but a couple of points come to mind:

(1) AR mags are staggerfeed, whereas the AICS mags are centerfeed. The vast majority of DBMs out there use AICS mags (not the double-stack AW mags).

(2) LR20s are limited to MAYBE 2.820" COAL, whereas SA AICS mags let you load a LOT longer (useful if you're shooting VLDs).

All in all, I like using AICS mags on my bolt gun. They work very well.
    Thank you! I knew there had to be a reason, but I had never heard it before. That all makes lots of sense.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    also because AICS mags are much shorter than pmags and bolt guns are usually much lower profile and more frequently fired from a low prone position with a short bipod. most people would probably have to swap their 6-9" harris bipods out for 9-13" bipods if they started using pmags.

also, because they are precision rifles and people are a lot more sensitive about burning out their barrels with rapid fire, it's unusual to fire fast enough where a 20 round mag would be substantial improvement over a 10 round mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hunter 700, $259.95 MSRP has an anodized aluminum bedding block, uses SGA cheek riser and LOP spacers, has M-LOK slots, has dimples to add swivel studs and places to add our QD sockets, weighs 2.9 lbs, and works with factory Rem bottom metal as packaged, or....

Remove a spacer (30 seconds) and insert our hybrid steel and polymer Bolt Action Magazine Well (MSRP $69.95, includes one magazine) to use AICS compatible magazines, speaking of which...

The PMAG5 7.62 AC is an AICS compatible polymer magazine with anti-tilt follower, MSRP $34.95. The magazine holds five rounds as packaged to comply with hunting regulations, but if you clip the follower stop on a pre-scored line, it becomes a 6-round magazine, useful in competitive shooting disciplines or just for an extra round.

This is just Monday...lots more to come.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does this still require skim bedding?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a V-Block. You can skim if you like, but totally not required.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast