Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magpul 700 SA stock

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'm in.

Seriously, I just got home from work, and had decided this afternoon to buy a Mcrees Precision stock and a Magpul PRS. I'm holding off now for your new stock.

This should be very interesting. It will probably allow me to shift more money into the spotting scope I need.

Very cool, gentlemen. Although I am wondering - when you guys sleep??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What was the reasoning on not having a straighter pistol grip angle?
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    The stock looks good, the grip angle is off in my opinion. There's been a strong positive response so far, is it because this is a product from Magpul or because you think it is better than the many other options for Remington stocks? If it is better, how so? It certainly is cheap (price not quality) but is there something else? The look perhaps? Thank you,
    Justin
    KRG
    Former Magpul R&D/Designer of Massoud

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Magpul 700 SA stock

The grip angle is vertical enough to get proper hand placement/trigger finger alignment to shoot with proper form for the precision minded, but still maintains some sporter feel...it points and handles well and doesn't feel alien to the guy coming from a factory stock. It has great features and adjustable fit for the precision side of things, but also works well with a sporter barrel profile and throwing it up to your shoulder in timber. It's a compromise of sorts, but we spent a lot of time getting it right.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I think the grip angle was a bit of an "enduro" choice that might be bad for all kinds of shooters instead of just one kind and great for the other. However, I'm still throwing C notes at my phone. I've been wrong about Internet pics before.

Taekwondopreacher is right. What else can we expect? One thing I like about Magpul is they are always on the ball with releases. A teaser comes out and then the product is released to the masses. None of this "wait for SHOT. I promise it will be worth it" elitism that we get from other manufacturers.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-13-15 at 06:48.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I don't even own a Rem700, and I will buy one.
    Same here... Looks like I will be buying a Rem 700 in 2015

It would be interesting if this stock was adjusted in the same manor as the PRS.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    As someone who just got a 700 and wanted to improve it on a budget this came at a perfect time. I haven't been disappointed in a magpul product yet and I don't expect to be with this.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I'm very interested in this. It looks like it'll be a great way to make my R700 a little more "woods friendly" while keeping most of the features I like in a precision rifle stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I think the grip angle was a bit of an "enduro" choice that might be bad for all kinds of shooters instead of just one kind and great for the other. However, I'm still throwing C notes at my phone. I've been wrong about Internet pics before.
    We've got a pretty full staff of long gunners here, and we spent a lot of time on this grip, down to index points for thumb placement, etc. I think most will be pleasantly surprised.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    I like the looks of it!

Will there be a long action version?

I know...I know...not everyone shoots 308. Some of us old dogs already had tons invested in the 30-06 round - boltguns and Garands and all and saw no reason to get anything in 308. The 30-06 drops deer and pigs like crazy,,,no need to get rid of it.

I have a nice old pawn shop rescue 700BDL in 30-06 that would be dandy in one of those stocks! LOL

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast