Thread: Range bag for M4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Range bag for M4

I've looking for a decent range bag for my M4. I've read what's posted here, but many are for handguns or are backpacks. I would normally carry a spotting scope, 6 or so magazines. ear protection, safety glasses, small quantity of tools, front shooting rest, etc,

Kindly provide your recommendations with source and model info. Thanks. JR

Feedback Score
    I guess I'll just suggest this, http://www.voodootactical.net/p-1146...pons-case.aspx

A guy at my range uses this for all the gear that he halls around with his precision/ competition rifles. Hope it helps
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's your price range?
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hank: that's nice but way to big for me. I have a gun case. Thanks

Zombie: $50-$75 tops. Thanks

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...r-15-range-bag

EDIT: There are more pics in the "Reviews" section. I can take some tonight if needed.
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 01-15-15 at 15:00.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just purchased the Midway AR15 range bag to replace an older and smaller one I had for years (Muzzle blase to close to the zipper finally blew a hole in it)

I scored the Multicam one on there so called "clearance" sale a few weeks ago for $39.99. I see it's now $69.99 for the Multicam one.

Overall for the $40 I paid, I'm quite happy with it.. holds a ton of stuff, I like all the features and it seems fairly well made. For my range trips, I think it will serve me very well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered one in Green, but it is currently backordered. March delivery they say.
    Last edited by johnnyringo; 01-24-15 at 05:59.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    FWIW, I have not been a big Maxpedition supporter, even though I do have some smaller organizers for personal items, I have not been swayed to their larger bags yet. My RUSH 12 and 24 meet all my needs at this time.

I have been watching some SHOT show videos of the venders there and GoingGear has a video up on YouTube and they are showing some new bags, One of which is two almost dedicated rifle range bags/backpacks based off the Falcon series. They are slimmer but slightly longer for AR transport in a backpack format.

It may be slightly highere than your budget, but if it could double as a hiking bag/personal bag it may be worth looking into.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Larue MKII. Legit but a little pricey and some lead time depending on color choice. Can fit more than advertised.
    LA Police Gear Tactical Bailout Gear Bag. Best all purpose range bag for the $$$
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee