Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B5 Sopmod Bavo Stock, Fits Loose? Tight? Any wobble to the stock for you? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question B5 Sopmod Bavo Stock, Fits Loose? Tight? Any wobble to the stock for you? Thanks!

So I decided to go with the B5 Sopmod Bravo stock for my new AR build.

My local shop has one so I took my Spikes Tactical Milspec buffer tube in with me to test ... it had to much wobble for me.

I LOVE this stock and really want one but cannot handle Any wobble ... maybe if it's just a tiny bit I'm okay but it was more then a tiny bit with that stock.

And reading reviews, video reviews, etc. most all say it is a pretty tight and snug fit on their buffer tubes.

I thought Hmm, okay let me try the MOE SL they have in the case to see if it's just my buffer tube ... that Magpul MOE SL was CrAzY SNUG on my buffer tube ... so I know the tube it good, plus it fits perfect on my Magpul CTR now and locks up 99% solid with friction lock.

BUT the damn B5 Bravo they had their was quite loose.

I read they had issues with their stock a while back being out of spec ... I am wondering is the B5 Bravo stock they had was an older one and maybe if I ordered a new one from say BCM etc. that I would have better luck and get a tighter one.

I want better cheek weld but want a smaller lightweight stock with no pointless battery compartments etc. an the B5 Bravo was literally the best of ALL worlds. My CTR is great but I hate the small cheek weld.

Just need a B5 Bravo that is solid on my tube if possible.

Anyway that's my story

How is yours on your tube? Any Play? I know some might now mind a slight bit of wobble but I myself do and want to know how well your B5 fits on your receiver extension???

Thanks so much guys!

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 04-30-15 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    I have two now, only one is on a rifle.
    It's not particularly solid, but there isn't enough wobble to annoy me or cause me to shoot any worse, so I'm okay.

It's older brother is the most solid stock I've ever used though. I have to brace my rifle and use two hands to adjust my standard sopmod.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ya I heard the B5 Enhanced is solid ... just too big, to much cheek weld due to the battery compartments that are worthless to me and too heavy overall

That's why the Bravo was the ticket ... but the one at my local shop was a bit too loose for my liking and didn't know if they vary at all.

I know they vary based on the buffer tube, but like I said the CTR is solid and rock solid when locked and the new MOE SL they had and tried that and holy hell it was tight as a drum, had to really use some good force to move it (which I like) ... So I know the tube is good ... well at least for Magpul stuff anyway.

Just undecided whether I want to order one and take the loss of re-stocking fee and paying to ship back if it is the same you know .. I could lose like 1/3 of the purchase price on that alone if I don't care for it and it's just as wobbly.

Feedback Score
    I love my B5 bravo stocks, and they are the perfect size, but I can't say either is "completely solid" in terms of the wobbling. They are both pretty solid, but can feel a tiny wobble (nothing close to the MOE or standard stocks though. Very slight and doesn't bother me)

Have you tried the Magpul STR? Might be too big if you don't like the B5 SOPMOD stock, but that has the same locking mechanism as the CTR, just with the wider cheek base. Could be an option

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ya I have seen the STR but those things are just Way To Big ... I am not a fan of the really large heavy battery compartment type stocks. The ACS-L is nice but very unattractive and and a lot pointless weight with the storage compartment etc.

The CTR is perfect for me but I just want something with a better cheek weld is all and the B5 Bravo fits the bill perfect ... And IMHO looks much better on an AR so that's a plus as well.

I am thinking of ordering one and crossing my fingers that it is a better run and a bit tighter on my tube.

If not I guess I can redneck it and slap a strip or two of electrical tape on the tube if possible to snug it up nicer.
    Last edited by falconman515; 01-14-15 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did your LGS have only one? Both my bravo and sopmod stocks fit tight on all my RE's. Tight meaning minimal wobble easy to adjust.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mine was wobbly. Much like a colt M4 stock. I put strips of duct tape inside the tube to get the wobble out.
    I tried a LMT SOPMOD, not looking back.
    I also tried it on an LMT lower and was the same wobble.
    NRA Life Member Since 1993

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    So I decided to go with the B5 Sopmod Bravo stock for my new AR build.

My local shop has one so I took my Spikes Tactical Milspec buffer tube in with me to test ... it had to much wobble for me.

I LOVE this stock and really want one but cannot handle Any wobble ... maybe if it's just a tiny bit I'm okay but it was more then a tiny bit with that stock.

And reading reviews, video reviews, etc. most all say it is a pretty tight and snug fit on their buffer tubes.

I thought Hmm, okay let me try the MOE SL they have in the case to see if it's just my buffer tube ... that Magpul MOE SL was CrAzY SNUG on my buffer tube ... so I know the tube it good, plus it fits perfect on my Magpul CTR now and locks up 99% solid with friction lock.

BUT the damn B5 Bravo they had their was quite loose.

I read they had issues with their stock a while back being out of spec ... I am wondering is the B5 Bravo stock they had was an older one and maybe if I ordered a new one from say BCM etc. that I would have better luck and get a tighter one.

I want better cheek weld but want a smaller lightweight stock with no pointless battery compartments etc. an the B5 Bravo was literally the best of ALL worlds. My CTR is great but I hate the small cheek weld.

Just need a B5 Bravo that is solid on my tube if possible.

Anyway that's my story

How is yours on your tube? Any Play? I know some might now mind a slight bit of wobble but I myself do and want to know how well your B5 fits on your receiver extension???

Thanks so much guys!
    Tell us about this wobble and why it bothers you so much. Does your BUIS wiggle? Does your upper to lower fit allow movement between the two? Is picking the fly shit out of a pile of pepper that important to you? How will a silky smooth, no wobble stock to extension fit handle a couple of grains of sand?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have a bravo on an A5 tube. Had some wobble which bugged me as i felt movement when pull8ng stock into shoulder. Taped narrow strips of aluminum duct tape on the extension. Now snug, no play.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast