Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B5 Sopmod Bavo Stock, Fits Loose? Tight? Any wobble to the stock for you? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMark View Post
    Did your LGS have only one? Both my bravo and sopmod stocks fit tight on all my RE's. Tight meaning minimal wobble easy to adjust.
    Ya just one in stock

I called around to a couple other shops to see if they had any and the rest had no clue who B5 Systems was .. LOL

2 of those shops pulled them up to see about ordering and saw the price and said "Hey that's a good price, thanks for telling me about these .. I'm gonna order a couple for stock" LOL

So ya no way to test another one ... And from what I read is what you say ... They fit nice and tight ... thats kinda why I am tossing around ordering one and crossing my fingers.

We;ll see I guess ... I've got the CTR in the time being

Just wanting to know what everyone elses experience with theirs was.

I know most say it's your buffer tube but the ST tube I have fits fine on all other stocks and like I said I tried out the new Magpul MOE SL with no friction lock and it was TIGHT ... like almost too tight so I know the tube is correct milspec.

Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Have a bravo on an A5 tube. Had some wobble which bugged me as i felt movement when pull8ng stock into shoulder. Taped narrow strips of aluminum duct tape on the extension. Now snug, no play.
    You know if I decide to order the B5 Bravo and it still is a bit loose like the one at my LGS then I may just do this ... I hate rigging it like this but it may be worth it to get a nice new stock with the cheek weld I am looking for ... also I like that rear angle on the buttpad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Tell us about this wobble and why it bothers you so much. Does your BUIS wiggle? Does your upper to lower fit allow movement between the two? Is picking the fly shit out of a pile of pepper that important to you? How will a silky smooth, no wobble stock to extension fit handle a couple of grains of sand?
    No Comment
    Last edited by falconman515; 01-14-15 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I just recently purchased a B5 BRAVO stock and on one of my rifles it fit good with minimal wobble and on the other you have to beat it off/on with a hammer it's so tight

Feedback Score
    I have two B5 Bravos and I love them, the only time I noticed some wiggle with the one is after my friend dropped my rifle at the range. (I was pissed) Its never been that bad though, and no wiggle from my other B5 stock.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I have the B5 SOPMOD stock on my BCM HSP carbine, and it rattles. I'm not too irritated by it, not enough to spend the big buck on an LMT SOPMOD stock, but it's there.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62NATO View Post
    Have a B5 SOPMOD stock on a BCM RE - it is solid. I ordered mine from: www.rogtac.com/
    I have a B5 SOPMOD Bravo on a BCM mil-spec buffer tube and it is solid as well.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess maybe some tubes are a fraction of a milimeter smaller or larger that gives different end results for different guys.

But the thing that bothers me on that logic.

The B5 Bravo is a tad loose with slight wobble ... but like I had said I threw on a MOE SL and Holy Crap that thing was tight as tight could be ... you would literally have to hold the gun down solid and pull on the stock just to get it to move on the buffer.

So if I am saying that my ST buffer tube may be a touch small to fit the B5 Systems stock and it should be slightly bigger around then the MOE SL wouldn't even fit on the tube if that was the case.

Oh well, who knows, guess I'll just stick with the CTR with friction lock for now as that fits fine and moves freely when unlocked but when locked is 99% solid.

I do think though I am still gonna try and order a Bravo and give it a shot to see how well it fits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two B5's, they went on the tubes a bit tight and have just a tiny bit of movement.
    Marriage is a good institution, considering you're ready for one.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    My Bravo has a bit of wobble, but not enough to bother me. I was expecting a tighter fit based on reviews I had read.

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    I have two, they are rock solid.

Feedback Score
    I just installed one last night and it wobbles quite a bit. Tried it on another BCM tube and was the same...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast