Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: B5 Sopmod Bavo Stock, Fits Loose? Tight? Any wobble to the stock for you? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Either these stocks aren't all manufactured to perfect correct milspec or the tubes ... It's really a a roll of dice I guess.

To bad it doesn't have some sort of lock, the movement is not enough to be bad but just minimal enough to lock up solid with some sort of friction lock.

Feedback Score
    In my limited test size sample of 2, (I have one on a DD mil-spec RE and one on an A5 7-pos RE) both have the exact same amount of minimal wobble (0.015" either direction) so not enough to worry about or try to "build up" with strips of tape or whatever. For reference, one stock was purchased when they first came out in early '13 and the other was in September '14.

Feedback Score
    Mine locks up as tight as my SOPMOD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Holster View Post
    I have two B5's, they went on the tubes a bit tight and have just a tiny bit of movement.
    What brand/type of buffer tube are you using? My B5 is loose on every milspec tube I own and has been collecting dust for 8+ years.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    ...My B5 is loose on every milspec tube I own and has been collecting dust for 8+ years.
    Which is even longer than this thread has been collecting dust.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one B5 on a BCM tube and it wobbles a little. I also have two LMT SOPMODS on BCM tubes that have almost no wobble. A friend has five LMT SOPMODS on 100% LMT rifles and there is no wobble/rattle. I really like the VLTOR that came on my Colt 901 and will most likely put another one on any future rifles/builds.
    Last edited by meausoc; 03-21-21 at 09:29. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a few. Vltor, Sionics, BCM, V7 receiver extensions. No wobble at all. Very solid lockup. These aren't late production though so things may have changed.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It’s a little wobbly but not enough to bother me.
    Try Magpul ACS if it bothers you and you want a good cheekweld.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a few B5 Bravos and SOPMODs on BCM and Vltor A5 RE, zero wobble just as tight as my LMT SOPMOD.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its not that hard to pull the stock off and put a piece of electrical tape or two on the RE.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast