Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how "bad" are those cheap lee progressive presses...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Skip the 550. Manual indexing is a pain in the a$$ and you'll be happier with a 650 or a Lock-N-Load.

I've owned both the L-N-L and the 650 and I recommend the Hornady. It is the better press for the money. Equally good customer service and warranty. Fantastically strong design that's quick to take apart for cleaning, caliber changes, etc. Shell plates are cheaper and you can also get all the "cool" upgrades to the Hornady like a case feeder, bullet feeder, etc just like the Dillon.

Happy 4th!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    aah!
    i'd offer to buy it.. but all my funding is going into moving to gun-friendly CO. new yorkistan has taken enough of my freedom and tax dollars for this lifetime.

Any guy that reloads is welcome here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Any guy that reloads is welcome here.
    what part of CO are ya in? i'm thinking fort collins or maybe one of the denver suburbs.
    you don't happen to know anybody who needs a decent autocad or solidworks guy do ya?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Skip the 550. Manual indexing is a pain in the a$$ and you'll be happier with a 650 or a Lock-N-Load.

I've owned both the L-N-L and the 650 and I recommend the Hornady. It is the better press for the money. Equally good customer service and warranty. Fantastically strong design that's quick to take apart for cleaning, caliber changes, etc. Shell plates are cheaper and you can also get all the "cool" upgrades to the Hornady like a case feeder, bullet feeder, etc just like the Dillon.

Happy 4th!!!
    I have a Dillon 550 and the manual indexing is not a PITA. It's just a part of the cycle that becomes second nature. Sure the 650 is nicer, but the price isn't. The Dillon quality and "no BS" customer service is undisputed and well know by those who know.

Feedback Score
    I have two 650s and one 550 and I prefer to load .223 on the 550.
    I use the 650s for straight wall cartridges.
    The 550 is Dillons most popular press for reasons beyond the price.
    Auto-indexing does have some drawbacks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lee progressive blues

Had one, used it, loaded some good ammo but went nuts doing it, and threw it away along with all parts and attachments. I wish that I had never seen one.

Williejc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12