Thread: 607 Stock?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

607 Stock?

Does anyone still make a repro. colt 607 collapsing stock? total silence is out of business...so?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is someone over on the ARFCOM retro forum that is endeavoring to get some going. You may want to visit over there and post for the same inquiry. I was lucky two and a half years ago for find an early reproduction 607 stock for my build which was completed late last year.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/123_A...tro_Forum.html

Last edited by Renegade04; 03-30-15 at 08:57.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice Build! I was thinking it would be really cool option for the SBR I'm building. I did find one at a Army Surplus store, no price one it. Store owner said If I didn't really know in detail what I was looking at I probably didn't want to know the price. He was probably right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 607 is what caused me to get the retro bug. I made my own 607 stock from scratch about 8 years ago and have been machining gun parts ever since.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never seen one of those stocks before.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post
    The 607 is what caused me to get the retro bug. I made my own 607 stock from scratch about 8 years ago and have been machining gun parts ever since.
    So do you sell your machined parts?
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stocks for the 607 builds have become increasingly harder to get. There use to be a couple guys on the ARFCOM Retro Forum that made some a few years back. There have been a few request to have them built again, but not enough to make them price effective. The XM607 is one of the harder retro builds to do. I spent two and half years getting mine to the point of completion. Also, the chrome FA BCGs are getting harder to get as well, especially the slick-side BCGs. I use the serrated chrome FA BCG on mine. I acquired it from a good retro source that I have. You can find chrome SA BCGs fairly easily. Additionally, you may still be able to find the fake moderator for sale. When you undertake a 607 build, you will need to have a lot of patience and time to do it right. The ARFCOM Retro Forum has a lot of good knowledgeable guys there that can help. I sure there are some here as well.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Great looking rifle.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree