Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The VLTOR A5 thread - what doesn't it work with?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

The VLTOR A5 thread - what doesn't it work with?

Ive been using the A5 RE since it was released years ago. During that time I have Used every type of upper under the sun on it and it functioned amazingly well with all of them .

I was most surprised to achieve reliable function with the following four uppers:

20" BCM A4 Upper with 5.56mm and .223
    10.3" Small gas port (.068) upper with 5.56mm ammo unsuppressed and LMT E Carrier
    9" AAC 300BLK with subsonic Gemtech ammo unsuppressed
    12.5" BCM Suppressed Using 5.56mm

It appears to me that not only do all common AR platform uppers function with this buffer, they do so reliably. Given that, are we safe to recommend the A5 RE in every situation where a collapsible stock is wanted?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ive been using the A5 RE since it was released years ago. During that time I have Used every type of upper under the sun on it and it functioned amazingly well with all of them .

I was most surprised to achieve reliable function with the following four uppers:

10.3" Small gas port (.068) upper with 5.56mm ammo unsuppressed and LMT E Carrier

It appears to me that not only do all common AR platform uppers function with this buffer, they do so reliably. Given that, are we safe to recommend the A5 RE in every situation where a collapsible stock is wanted?
    I'm obviously biased because i have not yet encountered a setup that didn't run with the A5 system......but I'm going to say that, yes, the categorical recommendation of the A5 system is not only acceptable......It's preferred.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have rifles in every barrel length from 10.3 to 18.5 and all use A5 systems with various buffer weights. All run smooth and function flawlessly.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Are you saying that the exact same buffer weight was used with all of those? If so, which one?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Will any of those not run with a carbine spring and H or H2 buffer?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    An SR-15 with a Vltor A5, standard buffer, but a Springco Green spring would not lock back on the last round.

The standard rifle spring, however, runs like a dream.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    I also have an SR15E3 and an A5 stock, but with the stock A5 spring. Weak .223 is sluggish, but runs fine. The A5 also works flawlessly on my BCM 11.5", Colt 6920, and BCM 16" midlength. I can't think of any issues I've had that the A5 was responsible for.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thus far, the following uppers have proven to work reliably with good ammo and the A5H3 with green Sprinco.

20" FN MILSPEC barrel with LMT enhanced carrier.

16" Colt M4 upper with standard carrier.

12.5" BCM Kino upper with enhanced carrier.

11.5" BCM upper with enhanced carrier.

16" SIONICS Midlength upper with standard carrier.

18" SIONICS SPR barrel with standard carrier.

11.5" SIONICS upper with enhanced carrier.

10.5" Sabre Defense upper with standard carrier.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    When you find out, let me know. Personally I haven't come across anything yet. I install them on all of my own personal rifles, at least everything assembled in the last couple of years or so.

Feedback Score
    As far as function, no. I see no reason to not use the A5 type action system properly sprung and and weighted for the application over other action systems.
    The few exemptions include, but not limited to are samples that require a balance in terms of items regarding OAL. For example, with an OAL concern, what is better? A 10.5" with an A5, or a 11.5" with a conventional H2, both properly gassed obviously? Another that comes to mind is 9mm blowback AR's, but that's a different topic to discuss.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast