Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: The VLTOR A5 thread - what doesn't it work with?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I've never shot a SCAR, but I can't see it being any calmer than my M4 type rifles. Maybe I need to go look at slow-motion vids of 'em on YouTube.
    I wouldn't count on telling the difference in a video. It's all about felt recoil and smoothness. Sometimes the feel of something is a bit intangible. One thing the SCAR does is rock a bit because of the heavy carrier, but it works for me.

The only thing that matters is how it works for you. I think the advantage of the AR is in the longer yet smaller diameter forearm. Otherwise I like the SCAR. Funny though I shoot my ARs more probably because I modify them more often.

I'm conflicted LOL.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-10-15 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've never shot a SCAR, but I can't see it being any calmer than my M4 type rifles. Maybe I need to go look at slow-motion vids of 'em on YouTube.
    Being very smooth is a goal that I work toward in all of my AR's, however I'm not sure any of them touch my SCAR. There isn't a massive difference between say, a KAC gun with an A5 system, but you'll notice a drastic difference from a SCAR to a Colt 6920 or something. They are very smooth.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Being very smooth is a goal that I work toward in all of my AR's, however I'm not sure any of them touch my SCAR. There isn't a massive difference between say, a KAC gun with an A5 system, but you'll notice a drastic difference from a SCAR to a Colt 6920 or something. They are very smooth.
    Interesting that they eat optics, so. I guess the human body's perception of force is more related to force-over-time, rather than peak impulses. Just an interesting observation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting that they eat optics, so. I guess the human body's perception of force is more related to force-over-time, rather than peak impulses. Just an interesting observation.
    It is interesting to note that some pellet guns will destroy optics as well. I am no expert on this, but it appears to be the sudden change from rearward acceleration to forward acceleration snapping stuff. The SCAR produces the usual recoil and then as the massive bolt slams forward the forces created by the change in direction are the cause. IIRC. The SCAR 16 is not known to be an optics killer. It is the SCAR 17 that has been known to murder innocent slightly underbuilt or poorly assembled optics.

Anyway, the SCAR 16 (and SCAR 17) does produce very pleasing felt recoil. And I only have one AR that comes close to the SCAR 16.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-11-15 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    What's the difference in BCM A5 kit and the VLTOR A5 kit
    Both are $100
    I just order the BCM a5 for my BCM 14.5
    Also looking to order 1000rds of brass but before I do I need to see what it likes

ThanKs

Sent from my rocket ship using
    My cell'y

Feedback Score
    Not positive, but I believe the bcm is 8 position and will allow the stock to lock all the way forward where the vltor required you to pull the stock back out half an inch to engage the first slot.

Feedback Score
    I also just ordered one. Aside from the number of positions, the vltor comes standard with the A5H3 buffer (heavier), and the BCM A5 comes standard with A5H0. My understanding is that the BCM A5 is tailored to mid-length 14.5".

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk_ak View Post
    I also just ordered one. Aside from the number of positions, the vltor comes standard with the A5H3 buffer (heavier), and the BCM A5 comes standard with A5H0. My understanding is that the BCM A5 is tailored to mid-length 14.5".
    The standard buffer in the Vltor A5 kit is the A5H2, which is closest to a rifle buffer. I'm not sure why BCM includes an A5H0, because every single 14.5" midlength BCM barrel I've used (ELW, ELW-F, and Standard) runs just fine with the A5H2, regardless of ammo.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The BCM gas port is tuned to the A5H0 buffer.
    I put an H1 in mine and it "feels" better for my use.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    My BCM 14.5" mid would run just fine on an A5-3. I kept a regular A5 in it though as the A5-3 was for a Daniel Defense gasser.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast