Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The VLTOR A5 thread - what doesn't it work with?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    That's kinda what I'm getting at. IMO, the A5 does make a lot of sense and is a better mousetrap theoretically.

But in reality, I've seen a BUNCH of ARs from 10.3-20" all run fine on carbine springs and H-H3 buffers. When a gun doesn't run, it's almost NEVER fixed with a rifle spring and buffer. Unless you're playing with some bottom-end junker.
    My thoughts as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    I've used every buffer combination. Literally. Every single one. I've owned most aftermarket carbine recoil springs.

NOTHING delivers as smooth a recoil pulse as the A5 system. Nothing.

It's certainly not mandatory to have a reliable gun. But it IS optimal. And that is in the real world.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I've used every buffer combination. Literally. Every single one. I've owned most aftermarket carbine recoil springs.

NOTHING delivers as smooth a recoil pulse as the A5 system. Nothing.

It's certainly not mandatory to have a reliable gun. But it IS optimal. And that is in the real world.
    Maybe that's my issue... I've never noticed an Un-Smooth Recoil Impulse... and knock on wood, never had a Malf. That's Colt, LMT, Noveske, KAC, BCM, DD, S&W.... 16" & 18"

I just have a hard time taking off my existing Carbine Buffer tube w/ H Buffer and Blue Spring for something that Feels "Smoother". It runs just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it sorta thing. And yup, I've shot plenty of 20" Rifle stuff, and honestly it doesn't really make much of a difference to me... but to each his own, obviously.

Maybe I just need to Order an A5 Setup, and just see, what if? Heck, someone wanna loan me a Beater A5 for a week or two?!? I'll pay shipping both ways!!! Nah, I'm just serious....
    Last edited by HD1911; 01-19-15 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    have you read this thread on the A5? lots of good info and your question is addressed

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...LTOR-A5-on-SBR

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    have you read this thread on the A5? lots of good info and your question is addressed

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...LTOR-A5-on-SBR
    What Question?

I see you stated this: Guess after all the positive feedback I had unrealistic hopes....... It didn't feel like a 22

And yup, I did skim through it all.

I still don't see it as a "need". Not trying to pee in anybody's Cereal or anything
    Last edited by HD1911; 01-19-15 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    meant the other poster had the same thought, "why would you need it?" and seemed to think it made a night and day difference, I actually wanted
    him to go into specifics

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    meant the other poster had the same thought, "why would you need it?" and seemed to think it made a night and day difference, I actually wanted
    him to go into specifics
    Oh, got ye. Reagans Rascals?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Your Hyundai gets you to the store just fine? Awesome, rock on. Me? I prefer something with a smoother ride.
    Better put:
    Sure the standard carbine setup works fine, especially on a propperly gassed carbine. Hard to argue with a 6920. But if there are smoother and better options out there, WHY not use them? Same thing with a mid length has system on a 16" barrel. Sure a carbine gas system works, but why when there are proven systems that are better?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Your Hyundai gets you to the store just fine? Awesome, rock on. Me? I prefer something with a smoother ride.
    Better put:
    Sure the standard carbine setup works fine, especially on a propperly gassed carbine. Hard to argue with a 6920. But if there are smoother and better options out there, WHY not use them? Same thing with a mid length has system on a 16" barrel. Sure a carbine gas system works, but why when there are proven systems that are better?
    a Noveske Mid-Length Upper on a BCM Carbine Lower w/ H Buffer and Blue Spring is a Hyundai, but change the Little Tube to an A5 and now it's a Bentley. Lol.
    Last edited by HD1911; 01-19-15 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    a Noveske Mid-Length Upper on a BCM Carbine Lower w/ H Buffer and Blue Spring is a Hyundai, but change the Little Tube to an A5 and now it's Bentley. Lol.

Man if it's really that much smoother, what the heck am I waiting for?!?
    I get that it is an imperfect analogy, and I meant no disrespect towards your rifle in particular, but I was trying to make the point that it may be perfectly reliable but if there are better options out there why "settle"? I had no "problems" with the standard carbine RE, but when I tried the A5 it was an obvious improvement. So now I use them on everything I can.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast