Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: BCM 1911 / Wilson Combat

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

BCM 1911 / Wilson Combat

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    At least they teamed up with the best of the production 1911 companies and cut no corners.
    This, exactly. If you're going to do it, do it right. I buy nothing but WCs. I bought too many of the $1,000-$1,500 1911s back in the day, only to have nonstop BS happening with them. "Send it back to the custom shop to get fixed" Yeah, been there done that. WC's just run out of the box, they eat any JHP you throw in 'em and they're freakin' workhorses that don't quit.

You have to spend money to get a good 1911. Learned this lesson a long time ago.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Ohh this is tempting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    This, exactly. If you're going to do it, do it right. I buy nothing but WCs. I bought too many of the $1,000-$1,500 1911s back in the day, only to have nonstop BS happening with them. "Send it back to the custom shop to get fixed" Yeah, been there done that. WC's just run out of the box, they eat any JHP you throw in 'em and they're freakin' workhorses that don't quit.

You have to spend money to get a good 1911. Learned this lesson a long time ago.
    I shouldn't have done it in terms of collector's value, but I sent my Delta Elite to WC for some mild work and it's been amazing ever since.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm looking at this link....heart rate elevated....

Feedback Score
    It's a very nice gun but this constant repetition that to get a duty grade working 1911 you have to spend Wilson money simply isn't true. I know many guys who have fielded Springfield TRP/Operator (to include the MCO and LBO) as duty weapons and they run just fine in typical duty conditions. I have ownership experience primarily with Wilson and Springfield. To be sure my CQB is a nicer more refined gun but my LBO duty gun works just fine and I'm certainly not my own gunsmith but somehow this gun passes the extractor test just fine, hasn't failed to go through its full cycle of operation yet and I treat it just like my other guns. It's been a welcome change from the Glock 17 and 19 I recently had that were nothing but BTF headaches with significant shifting poa/poi depending on the ammo used.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    It's a very nice gun but this constant repetition that to get a duty grade working 1911 you have to spend Wilson money simply isn't true. I know many guys who have fielded Springfield TRP/Operator (to include the MCO and LBO) as duty weapons and they run just fine in typical duty conditions. I have ownership experience primarily with Wilson and Springfield. To be sure my CQB is a nicer more refined gun but my LBO duty gun works just fine and I'm certainly not my own gunsmith but somehow this gun passes the extractor test just fine, hasn't failed to go through its full cycle of operation yet and I treat it just like my other guns. It's been a welcome change from the Glock 17 and 19 I recently had that were nothing but BTF headaches with significant shifting poa/poi depending on the ammo used.

One of the top big name gunsmiths told me he believed the LBO was the best out of the box value for a duty grade 1911.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I don't have anywhere near the cost of a Wilson in any of my Colts and more than one of them is just as capable as any kind of duty grade working 1911 that you can imagine.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910