Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM 1911 / Wilson Combat

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'll be the minority here and say it looks cheap.

But that's just like, my opinion man.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    I'll be the minority here and say it looks cheap.

But that's just like, my opinion man.
    I can see why you are saying that. My feeling is that it looks simple with a sense of rugged usefulness. Since WC is building them, you know that they are built to run, and the finish and outward appearance gives me the the feeling that they should be ran hard and put up dirty. To me a lot of high-end 1911's look way too nice to really do much with them without wearing white gloves.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Holy Dog $h!t! - another double branded 1911. I'm gonna have to get it along with the new Mean Gean Leather belt... who would have ever thought!? - Custom 1911's and leather belts!

(looks in gun room)

Oh. Yeah. Good thing I didn't sell my 1911's and leather after a dozen industry instructors told me they were sucky and unreliable (of which at least two are now prostitutes for 1911 manufacturers on their social media pages).... gonna bring it all back out like bell bottoms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvann View Post
    they were sucky and unreliable
    That's as true as the day is long. But they are still enjoyable to own and shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's as true as the day is long. But they are still enjoyable to own and shoot.
    Agreed! That's why I didn't sell mine...

I just find it funny all these dudes at SHOT are pushing 1911's and leather again while the rest of us are scratching our arms like junkies.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Looks like a good 1911.

I think it's pretty telling when BCM put their name on a pistol it was a 1911.

My experience points toward a proper 5" 45 being as reliable as a handgun can be. I was a Glock guy for ten years and still like 'em, but the 1911 bashing from the guys who used to own a Kimber or some other such junk is exactly the same as someone going to an AK because their Bushmaster soured 'em on the AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Looks like a good 1911.

I think it's pretty telling when BCM put their name on a pistol it was a 1911.

My experience points toward a proper 5" 45 being as reliable as a handgun can be. I was a Glock guy for ten years and still like 'em, but the 1911 bashing from the guys who used to own a Kimber or some other such junk is exactly the same as someone going to an AK because their Bushmaster soured 'em on the AR.
    My experience is that it is often tge same group. The amount of BS they will give in regards to how malf and failure prone tge platforms are is usually amusing if not for tge fact that they believe it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    There are plenty of stages and stereotypes of 1911 ownership.

I hate taking or teaching classes with more than 2 or 3 students that bring 1911's. It turns into a armorer clinic... every time (fitting extractors, checking geometry, timing, etc.).... Blows goats.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like to have one but will it will be too expensive for me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast