Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Things done wrong so often that they are right...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I sometimes intentionally write:
    Makes cents.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    "You've got another thing coming" like the Judas Priest song.

The phrase is actually "You've got another THINK coming." It's used in the context of a person saying, "If you think ________________, you've got another think coming."

It's meant to be deliberately ungrammatical for emphasis.

http://grammarist.com/usage/another-think-coming/

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Just saw this in another thread (all suspects are guilty until proven innocent, the names have been redacted to protect the guilty):

Incorrect:
    It is just below the first thread on each post.
    Correct:
    It is just below the first post on each thread.
    m4carbine.net hosts a series of Forums (or Fora for the Latin-inclined). Each Forum is dedicated to a different subject, such as AR General Discussion or Terminal Ballistic Information. Some of these Forums have Sub-Forums like the Equipment Exchange and the Local & Area Discussions.

Each Forum hosts a series of Threads, with each Thread having a different topic or subject for discussion. And each Thread is made up of one or more Posts - including but not limited to the original Post or OP.

ETA: I'm also pretty sure that Posts are made in Threads, but given the newness of the intardwebz, I'll let it pass.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 02-23-15 at 16:56.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    John Henry was a steel driving man.
    Haha that's awesome. It's just my hammer suckin' wind, it keeps me breathin'...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Driving on a two lane road and a garbage truck is stopped over in the oncoming lane. Stupid **** enters MY lane to go around the garbage truck head on at me honking, cussing, flipping ME off!!
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    "The customer is always right."

This is SUPPOSED to mean that you go above and beyond to give good service and that you are willing to be flexible in meeting customer needs. It means that the company is willing to bend their rules and policies within reason in order to be accommodating. It shouldn't mean that unruly or rude customers are rewarded for poor behavior and that absolutely anything goes. If, for example, a customer orders a burger and complains that it's too cold before he eats it, the customer being "right" means you throw it back on the grill till it's warm and maybe throw in a free desert for his trouble. It doesn't mean comping a meal after it's been completely eaten because the customer THEN decides that it was too cold.

It also doesn't mean always siding with customers over your employees.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    How about the Equipment Exchange. Does nobody read the rules? It's anarchy over there!!!
    I had to come back to this thread to talk about EEs and how the "wrong" is so common (not this EE in particular).

If I have something, I pretty much always say "for sale - not looking for trades". Invariably, when trades come up (again not so much with M4C), there's a line of asshats who want to offer the POS items at a premium for what you have listed at a discount.

Just recently, on my local firearms forum, some DB took it to a new level. He sent me a PM with a trade offer for the AR (highend) I had posted. In my ad, I mentioned a potential partial trade for a specific handgun. He happened to have one, so I was optimistic.

He then sent me a link to the handgun he had posted . . . then the games began. It was a nicely customized handgun, but even with customization it was nowhere near the value of my AR. Long story short, he kept pushing for his gun plus a little cash. When I said that didn't seem fair and told him what a realistic value+cash was, he never responded to my PM. Then he deleted his ad and immediately reposted it with a price reduction that was exactly what I said the value should be and would have put the trade terms exactly where I said they should be.

First time I had seen someone go as far as to post a BS ad so he could use it in negotiating, until the moment he failed. Then he deleted it and came back to reality. I never contacted the guy again, but wanted to say - "Really? Do you have no integrity? Or are you just a self-serving $&*%?"

I just love that so many in the firearms community try to screw over the next guy. Is it so hard to just have integrity.

Rant over - until, with my luck he reads this.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516