Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Purchasing A Large Number of Remington 870's

Feedback Score
    Someone mentioned upgrades to the shotguns. LAPD and LACSO should give this guy a call.

https://www.vangcomp.com/

I have witnessed remarkable patterns with his modified barrels. Definately worth a look. (Shameless plug. He's just down the road a piece from my shop and I have two guns with the VCS modification.)
    Gunsmith/Machinist
    http://saberrivergunsmithing.com
    Cerakote™ Certified Applicator

"A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the autocrat (government) not because of the power of the gun, but, rather the spirit of the man who holds it." - Anonymous

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Someone mentioned upgrades to the shotguns. LAPD and LACSO should give this guy a call. www.vangcomp.com
    Never heard of him...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Of course, you haven't.
    Gunsmith/Machinist
    http://saberrivergunsmithing.com
    Cerakote™ Certified Applicator

"A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the autocrat (government) not because of the power of the gun, but, rather the spirit of the man who holds it." - Anonymous

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I had an 870 that I sent to Hans back about 10 years ago when he was still in California. The change in groups and accuracy was amazing. Looking to send (or drive) my 870 to him in September when I go on R/R.

Feedback Score
    I got a chance to checkout our new shotguns. They will be the 870 Police Magnums. Knoxx Spec Ops recoil reducing stocks. Mesa 4 round side saddle. Surefire forend. Standard 18" barell with standard magazine tube. Slign, rifle sights and No Vangcomp, too bad

They should be good guns to run with. Soon we are possibly looking at allowing individual deputies to buy their own AR-15's... but that is still in the works. Deputies currently have the ability to attend Departmental training to be certified with the AR-15. They can then checkout the AR-15 from the unit armories and carry them in the field. We're coming along... not as fast as some other agencies. Our AR-15's are being fitted with Eotechs as time goes on.

Take the above with a grain of salt... I don't have a position like Buck on my department... but I do ask friends questions...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123