Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Glock's

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Let's talk Glock's

Well looks like you have all conivinced me to buy a Glock instead of another SIG. I am looking at the 27 or 19 or 23. I see they have C modles anyone ever shoot those and how they compare to regular model Glocks. I want something that isnt as big and heavy as my SIG 229R
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    For me the 19 is the overall best gun. It works for carry and home defense. I would stay away from the C model guns, you will get tired very fast of the muzzle blast. The ports work well but you don't need them in a 9mm.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you want a sub-compact go with the G26 in 9mm. The recoil in the G27 is sharp and in my opinion the .40 round is a little much for small size of the sub-compact Glocks. The G27 is not bad if you are just shooting a few rounds through it, but after 100 or more rounds, most shooters don't care for it. If it's not comfortable, you won't shoot it, if you won't shoot it, you won't be proficient with it.

I sold my G27 years ago and went with the G26, which is much more comfortable to shoot. After our last qual, we had at least 3 officers that I know of sell their G27's and purchase either G26's or G19's.

The compensated Glocks are not needed. And the compensated ports can cause problems / extreem discomfort when shooting from retention. I saw a female student learn this the hard way in a class a couple years ago with a compensated G19. To keep this conversation "G rated", I'll say that this student's right breast liked the compensation the least .........

I've been carrying a G19 on duty as a plain clothes Detective for the last 5 years. It conceals well, yet is large enough to shoot comfortably. I have taken several tactical training classes with the Glock 19 where we have shot 1,500+ rounds in a 2 day class.

If I could only have 1 Glock, it would be the G19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03

If I could only have 1 Glock, it would be the G19.
    +1

Jeff got me back into Glocks, and I was then issued a 19 and have been extremely impressed -- that I had to replace my personal 17 with two 19's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I concur with everything so far. Stay away from 'C' models, the G27 does have a sharp recoil 'bite', and 99% of the time the G19 is the way to go. I carry a .40 G-22 and owing the slightly improved ballistics I'd recommend the G-23 for concealed use.

I carried a G-21 for about a year and found it to be too bulky for me. If you have larger frame and big mitts have at it.

Feedback Score
    The 19 is a tough gun for anything else in the Glock lineup to beat. As USMC03 mentioned, it is large enough to shoot effectively and comfortably in a high round-count class, but small enough to conceal effectively. I use my G19 exclusively in training (as it's my primary carry gun), but I am also able to wear it comfortably every day in what could be considered "deep concealment." It might not meet every need at the extremes, but it does so many things so well that it's hard to find fault with someone who chooses a G19 for all around use.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for the advice and letting me in on the Glock secrets you all have. How are the mod options on glocks such as trigger work or other things of that nature. I am sure Robb (gotm4) can elaborate on that but what do you all know.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A Glock is NOT a 1911, Glocks work perfect right out of the box. Buy a Glock, put a set of quality sights on it, buy a bunch of mags and ammo for it, and shoot it a lot.

It's been my experience that the more modifications you perform on a Glock the more problems you will have with it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild
    Thanks everyone for the advice and letting me in on the Glock secrets you all have. How are the mod options on glocks such as trigger work or other things of that nature. I am sure Robb (gotm4) can elaborate on that but what do you all know.

Get a 19 or 17 whichever fits your hand best, put some Trijicons on it and shoot the hell out of it.

If it's a game gun like 2 of mine that I can help you tweak it for that. Don't mod a fighting gun.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's soulless.

However, the 19 is the best compromise between capacity and size. PLUS, it accepts G17 mags so your spares can be 17rd mags instead of 15rd mags.

I carry a G19 now.

The 1911's I have are superior to it, and they have souls.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast