Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose between Mk262 and Mk318......

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    If I can't see him but I need to destroy or penetrate what's between us and I want to blind-penetrate (hence the name) then I want something bigger -- like 7.62 or bigger fed by belts.
    It is a good problem to have - but Sinister nailed it. Even good barrier blind 5.56 loads are still middling at best on the other side of intermediate barriers; so I'd rather have the slightly better deformation on impact and precision capabilities of a match round in most situations. A trickier comparison would be 70gr TTSX based loads against Mk262, in which case the former starts to become arguably more attractive.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    77s are not short on penetration. I'm pretty sure Doc pointed out that they were boarderline too long on the penetration scale.

They're not really a barrier round, but see sinister's post for that concern.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    It is a good problem to have - but Sinister nailed it. Even good barrier blind 5.56 loads are still middling at best on the other side of intermediate barriers; so I'd rather have the slightly better deformation on impact and precision capabilities of a match round in most situations. A trickier comparison would be 70gr TTSX based loads against Mk262, in which case the former starts to become arguably more attractive.
    I use the Hornady 70gr TAP GMX for the reasons you stated.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I would lean toward 77gr SMKs, as they seem more plentiful than MK318.
    This is my thought. Last time I saw he MK318 I think it was over $20 a box and that has been quite some time. You can get MK262 clones around .50 a round. That said, I haven't been looking for Mk318 in quite some time, so might be more available then I know of.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    This is my thought. Last time I saw he MK318 I think it was over $20 a box and that has been quite some time. You can get MK262 clones around .50 a round. That said, I haven't been looking for Mk318 in quite some time, so might be more available then I know of.
    http://usarmorment.com/ammunition-c-...se-p-1701.html
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only issue there is for stockpiling I can do damn near 2 for 1 going with something like the CBC MK262 Clone. Though since it is out there I may try to track down a couple boxes to play with next time I do an ammo order, which will hopefully be here in the next month.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nothing that comes out of a 5.56 caliber gun is worth $1 per round.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Absolutely agree - looking at current prices/availability the CBC and IMI 77gr offerings are really hard to argue against. Short of ripping off Pappabear's Wolf Magnum primed, XBR, 77grSMK loads, those both like the ideal stockpile candidate for top shelf stuff.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Short of ripping off Pappabear's Wolf Magnum primed, XBR, 77grSMK loads, those both like the ideal stockpile candidate for top shelf stuff.
    That ammo is worth $2 per round!

That CBC stuff is tough to beat though. If I weren't balls deep in reloading, I'd be buying that whenever I could free up funds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd like to try a box of these if they weren't 52 cents a piece for just the bullet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/495...ProductFinding

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast