Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas bonus.

Feedback Score

My Christmas bonus.

A DDM4V5 in 5.56, with a brand new HHS 1 combo. Has an old Surefire flashlight g2 on it from my Bushmaster M4. It will be upgraded.
    Last edited by akuser47; 01-29-15 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Very nice. My Christmas bonus gets stacked on top of my paycheck so it launches me up into two higher-tier tax brackets, so I get less than half of it
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Very nice. My Christmas bonus gets stacked on top of my paycheck so it launches me up into two higher-tier tax brackets, so I get less than half of it
    This was the case where I work. After much complaining we were able to get it changed so that the bonuses come separately and are taxed at a yearly rate, rather than normal payroll of bi-weekly. That way we at least get most of our bonuses.

That said, that is a pretty cool bonus! Did you actually get that as a bonus, or did you just spend your bonus on that?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    This was the case where I work. After much complaining we were able to get it changed so that the bonuses come separately and are taxed at a yearly rate, rather than normal payroll of bi-weekly. That way we at least get most of our bonuses.

That said, that is a pretty cool bonus! Did you actually get that as a bonus, or did you just spend your bonus on that?
    I really wasn't trying to sound unappreciative I am fortunate I get a bonus, I just wish it wasn't taxed like it is so I could truly enjoy it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I really wasn't trying to sound unappreciative I am fortunate I get a bonus, I just wish it wasn't taxed like it is so I could truly enjoy it.
    I knew what you meant and I agree. We didn't "complain" so much as point out that only about half of such a generous thing was actually getting to the intended people. It was agreed that the IRS really didn't deserve any bonus.

Feedback Score
    It was actaully bought as my bonus. I was ask by my boss if I had a $3000.00 dollar bonus what would I do he said I had 12 hours to respond. Well at the deadline all I could come up with was a nice midlength ar with high qaulity red dot optics. He asked where I would go for such a thing. I told him I liked shopping sportman's den. He said let's go. So next day we drove down he told me to pick out what I wanted. This is what I got. With two 420 rounds cans of federal xm855 green tip. I even got 3 boxes of .17hmr they had in stock and 3 boxes of .22 LR MINI mag, all in all a great bonus. My boss and close long time friend only ask that he gets to shoot it once in a while.
    Last edited by akuser47; 01-29-15 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    Very nice, congrats.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by akuser47 View Post
    It was actaully bought as my bonus. I was ask by my boss if I had a $3000.00 dollar bonus what would I do he said I had 12 hours to respond. Well at the deadline all I could come up with was a nice midlength ar with high qaulity red dot optics. He asked where I would go for such a thing. I told him I liked shopping sportman's den. He said let's go. So next day we drove down he told me to pick out what I wanted. This is what I got. With two 420 rounds cans of federal xm855 green tip. I even got 3 boxes of .17hmr they had in stock and 3 boxes of .22 LR MINI mag, all in all a great bonus. My boss and close long time friend only ask that he gets to shoot it once in a while.
    That's a pretty kick ass boss. I got a nice gift from mine and it means more than cash, personally. Good for you. It'll mean a lot when you're using it.

Feedback Score
    That's my thoughts as well. It will never be sold. It will be passed down.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've always gotten a money bonus, but that really is a great story. It really personalizes your bonus. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast