Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Manley,

PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Any word yet?

-DM-

Feedback Score
    Here's something to consider that might be related, or could be completely off-base. We've seen a lot of YHM folding sights cross the bench. There was a similar complaint about the sight being too tall and couldn't be zeroed. After examining several of these, we found that the one with the complaint was for mounting on a gas block instead of the rail, therefore had a different overall height and similarly effected the post height. Once we realized it, it was clearly obvious. However, they do look similar at first glance. Just something to consider and I hope you get yours' resolved.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well I had a nice long talk the other day with someone over at YHM. They advised me that the sights are actually installed at Bushamster using their front sight posts. So I believe that what has happened is typical Bushamster quality control put the wrong size posts in them which is what is causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MX5 View Post
    Here's something to consider that might be related, or could be completely off-base. We've seen a lot of YHM folding sights cross the bench. There was a similar complaint about the sight being too tall and couldn't be zeroed. After examining several of these, we found that the one with the complaint was for mounting on a gas block instead of the rail, therefore had a different overall height and similarly effected the post height. Once we realized it, it was clearly obvious. However, they do look similar at first glance. Just something to consider and I hope you get yours' resolved.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Well I had a nice long talk the other day with someone over at YHM. They advised me that the sights are actually installed at Bushamster using their front sight posts. So I believe that what has happened is typical Bushamster quality control put the wrong size posts in them which is what is causing the problem.
    all because front sight post.damn!!!have you been able to fix the problem swapping it or still NO-GO?I have always disliked the flip sights this seems to give me more reason to go with the standard front sight.please keep us posted this had me scratching my head
    Be safe PFC Bowers

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Warpig,

Don't get me wrong. YHM has some good sights and flip sights are good. These particular ones are just crap and they don't belong on anything but airsoft. What I have been doing is cutting about 1/8 in. off the bottom and it seems to be good. Unfortunately. buying new sight posts for 500 carbines is rather cost prohibitive. How's your project and reclass going?

Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    all because front sight post.damn!!!have you been able to fix the problem swapping it or still NO-GO?I have always disliked the flip sights this seems to give me more reason to go with the standard front sight.please keep us posted this had me scratching my head
    Be safe PFC Bowers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong. YHM has some good sights and flip sights are good. These particular ones are just crap and they don't belong on anything but airsoft. What I have been doing is cutting about 1/8 in. off the bottom and it seems to be good. Unfortunately. buying new sight posts for 500 carbines is rather cost prohibitive.

Was it these sights, by chance?

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Warpig,

Don't get me wrong. YHM has some good sights and flip sights are good. These particular ones are just crap and they don't belong on anything but airsoft. What I have been doing is cutting about 1/8 in. off the bottom and it seems to be good. Unfortunately. buying new sight posts for 500 carbines is rather cost prohibitive. How's your project and reclass going?
    cost is a factor for 500 Good god thats some cash.My project is good ordered the upper vise block you showed me just waiting now .Reclass is set for Fort Leonard Wood in a couple months.Ft Lost in the woods.I was on their site ad noticed some of the trainingis for MK-19 ,and 249 and 240.I already had training on those during my 19 Kilo training at Ft Knox.I can't wait to get my hands on the MK-19 again it makes me warm and fuzzy inside Ooopps Back to the thread..I believe the weapon i shot with flip up had the airsoft one that might be why I had such a suck ass time trying to zero in on 300 meter targets.Iam sure there are somegood ones i have not had the chance to play with any yet but i am stillopen to them.Be safe

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Skintop,

Those sure look like it from here. Are they aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Was it these sights, by chance?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Skintop,

Those sure look like it from here. Are they aluminum?
    Yup.

It would be fair to say that they are...economized...in a variety of ways.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast