Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new in a 9mm Carbine that uses Glock Magazines

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Something new in a 9mm Carbine that uses Glock Magazines

Seems this little Glock Magazine Carbine just popped up out of the blue yesterday and is selling for $549.99

nano_050web.jpg

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ri0...ect%20firearms!

http://www.slickguns.com/product/nan...-54999-shipped

Description:

Nano 9mm Carbine
    Acceps 9mm Glock® Magazines
    This is a great little rifle. Easily accessorized with AR15 components. Add tactical flip sights, a red dot sight, sling, to make this the perfect defense, target, or plinking rifle. Light weight, shoots a very nice grouping and is overall a fun rifle to shoot.

Specifications
    Barrel: 16 ˝” 4140 steel, 1:10 twist nitride finish with muzzle threaded ˝”-36
    Chamber: 9mm, 9x19
    Weight: 6.1 lbs.
    Length: 30” collapsed, 33” extended
    15rd Magazine included
    Accepts 9mm Glock® Mags
    Upper Receiver: billet machined 6061 T6 material, black anodized, picatinny rail on top
    Lower Receiver: billet machined 6061 T6 material, black anodized
    Trigger, Hammer & Disconnector specialty Nickel Teflon Plating
    Bolt Carrier: is 8620 tool steel with nitride finish
    Forend: AR15, UTG free Ultra Slim Forend with picatinny rail on top and 2” picatinny rail on bottom
    Butt Stock: Mil-spec 6 position UTG
    Pistol Grip: A2
    Safety Lever in standard AR15 position, left side
    Sights: none
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Barrel is about 10" too long...

Feedback Score
    Looks interesting. For that price, I wouldn't mind having one. I just wonder how it stacks up to the TNW Aero, the Just Right Carbine and the Thureon Defense 9mm. I do realize that it is less expensive than the other three. I have also read that Kriss is bringing out their Vector in 9mm, but their price range takes the "fun" out of pistol caliber carbines for me.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Barrel is about 10" too long...
    I agree!

There is a listing on Gunbroker for them, the seller shows 20 in stock and states that they are made in the good old U.S. of A. However, he is a few bucks higher than the sellers listed above without free shipping.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 01-31-15 at 12:44. Reason: More info.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    If I could lay hands on one in person first, I might be havin' to have one of these.

Feedback Score
    I've got several 9 mm Glocks and a ton of Glock mags and the 33rd mags too. I like the idea of an AR 9mm pistol or SBR that uses Glock mags for a range toy. Serious question do these serve any other role that fun / range toy? Not that there is anythinmg wrong with that - I just like to define a purpose for each weapon to justify to myself why I have them. Does the 9mm AR serve a working role in your box of tool's? I think maybe as a HD role but I would much prefer either the compactness of a traditional pistol or power of real M4 style AR.

Thanks
    Last edited by Devildawg2531; 02-01-15 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am seeing more pistol caliber carbines at the range these days. I would be interested to know how these things run under abuse.

It looks like Just Right Carbine and others have some competition.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I've got several 9 mm Glocks and a ton of Glock mags and the 33rd mags too. I like the idea of an AR 9mm pistol or SBR that uses Glock mags for a range toy. Serious question do these serve any other role that fun / range toy? Not that there is anythinmg wrong with that - I just like to define a purpose for each weapon to justify to myself why I have them. Does the 9mm AR serve a working role in your box of tool's? I think maybe as a HD role but I would much prefer either the compactness of a traditional pistol or power of real M4 style AR.

Thanks
    I'd certainly like to pick one up down the road, too.

As to your question of purpose - my wife fired a Colt 9 mm rental at our range not long ago, and felt much more comfortable with the recoil than she does with my ARs.

Not that I have any chance to talk her into "owning" one of her own, but if you have family, friends, etc that are borderline on the traditional 556, but like the AR style (or would benefit from a rifle in that AR convention), then this might be a point of interest for them.

Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just like having a Carbine that runs on the same ammo/magazines as my pistols should .223/5.56 ammo ever becomes scarce again. Plus I have seen a few videos were the 9mm carbine proved to be a viable PDW alternative out to 400 meters should a .223/5.56 not be available. Now I'M not saying a 9mm carbine would be a first or even a second choice if I could help it should I come in harms way but its sure better out in the open then just being armed with a handgun.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I have seen a few videos were the 9mm carbine proved to be a viable PDW alternative out to 400 meters should a .223/5.56 not be available.
    400 meters or 100 meters?
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast