Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should be my next gun?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What should be my next gun?

Hey guys

I'd like to buy a new gun most especially a long gun but I'm not sure what to get. I've got plenty of hand guns and id like another long gun. I have a Mossberg 590a1 12 guage, colt le6920 m4, and a Mossberg plinkster .22. I think I could use a new long gun but I don't want to spend more than $500-$600. I was thinking of getting a bolt action rifle or maybe a smaller shotgun to have fun shooting since the Mossberg kills my shoulder after a while. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not sure what Tikka's run these days, but they should be close to your budget. That is where I would spend that budget.

Feedback Score
    Howa/ Weatherby, or Winchester. Remington is usually a great long gun but the Freedom Group likes to make mistakes at your expense
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How about the Ruger Americans? I think they go for under $500 in the .308.

I've also seen a Savage with Nikon scope combo at Dicks for I think $579 and Remington 783 for around $350. The Remington doesn't have a scope with it but I'd consider that rifle because I can always grab one reasonably priced and keep the price around $500.
    Last edited by Krp7894; 02-02-15 at 07:26.

Feedback Score
    Summit Gun Broker in MO currently has a really sweet lightly used Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 for 400 bucks.

If that thing was in 270...it would be sitting in my safe right now.

I doubt for 400 bucks you will find a nicer rifle. Very lightly used, too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Too bad I'm too far from MO. Unfortunately I live in the strict as ever NY where you have to be an LEO like myself to buy anything other than a rifle or shotgun. I should mention the inflated prices we got over here too. I would love to move out of this state.

We also don't have guns for sale around here at local Walmarts like most outside states do. I've checked with my local gun shop who I bought about 5 guns from and the Remington 783 is $419. Online prices at Dicks Sporting Goods are $349 for the 783, but that doesn't always hold true in store. I'm going to take a look when I can and see what I can find. If I find it for under $400 what would you all think of the 783?
    Last edited by Krp7894; 02-02-15 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    Are you just target shooting, or are you hunting?

Guns are tools. We first must identify the task, before we choose a tool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mostly target shooting but I'd like something that I could use for hunting as well but as a secondary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is the $500-$600 budget including optic? Or just the rifle? What is the complete package total?

If a 12ga bothers you that much a lightweight .308 is going to have some kick too, and what animals would you plan on hunting as a secondary use?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd consider spending $500 for just the rifle but if I can squeeze a quality rifle AND an optic for that much than by all means. That's why I consider the 783 as an option considering I called my local Dicks and they can order it for me for just $350.

As far as hunting goes near me I'd like to go deer hunting eventually. I have friends who hunt and I've been asked to join but I mainly have all pistols and only rifles are a .22 and an M4. Like I said I'd mainly use the rifle for target shooting primarily.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast