Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 2/8 - Help. Torque Specs for Precision bolt gun build, ammo questions, etc

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My AAC-SD 20" was the biggest ball buster with the Hogue stock, I dremeled out the channel, stiffened it with epoxy in the voids with worse results than when I started. I eventually got a HS Precision stock and skim bedded it. Much better groups with the factory barreled action. Eventually I'm going to dump the barrel. But for now about 1moa and on good days just under is what it will do consistently.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If money is not a concern then here is your 2 stage trigger.
    http://huberconcepts.com/product/2-s...m-700-trigger/
    Ive never shot one,but at that price, I would never own one. Seems way out of line. I will read more, but those prices just can't be justified in my mind vs a perfect 2.5lb Timney. I guess for those Jewel guys that want a 10 oz trigger, maybe it starts to compete in the low poundage class and stays rugged. A very fine line IMHO.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    My AAC-SD 20" was the biggest ball buster with the Hogue stock, I dremeled out the channel, stiffened it with epoxy in the voids with worse results than when I started. I eventually got a HS Precision stock and skim bedded it. Much better groups with the factory barreled action. Eventually I'm going to dump the barrel. But for now about 1moa and on good days just under is what it will do consistently.
    Im betting that Hogue stock was the death of him too. You can run a ladder test without changing dope just by applying pressure on a Hogue.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im betting that Hogue stock was the death of him too. You can run a ladder test without changing dope just by applying pressure on a Hogue.

You are not kidding. If the stock didn't improve it I was literally going to pull my scope off and give it away to the first guy that wanted it at the range.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    edit nvm vortex sent me wrong email
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-16-15 at 16:55.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    And just to clarify the "shooter" aspect of the rifle

This is a Rem700P that I used to own. I had the 26" barrel cut down to 20" and threaded with a Vortex FH installed. Same exact optic that I have now (albeit newer reticle) Ammo was 168gr FGMM at 100 yards. To be honest, some of these groups might have been shot before I upgraded to that optic and was still using a Bushnell 10X.

The point is that I can say with 100% certainty (I was firing from a rest, even!) the below is not my fault and to shoot that poorly I really worry something is up with the barrel.

These were suppressed Nosler 168gr.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-18-15 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    I would call Remington customer service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That has got to be frustrating, here are some groups with my 700 AAC SD at 100

Attachment 31768

Attachment 31769

Attachment 31770

You've got something funky going on for sure, those are with the hogue stock and a cheap Nikon 3-9x40 I borrowed off of one of my shotguns for shits and giggles just to shoot the rifle when I first bought it (still have not purchased a designated scope for the 700) with FGMM 175gr.
    Last edited by MBtech; 02-18-15 at 18:01.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah. I can't buy into the fact that a properly torqued (and not touching) stock of any type would cause that.

What the f...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On a positive note it's good to know Vortex is treating you right. If there was a defect with it I'm curious to know if that was the issue or not, but it sounds like you'll have a new stock to start over with too. Best of luck!
    Last edited by MBtech; 02-18-15 at 19:41.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast