Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any info on Surefire Socom 300?

Feedback Score

Question Any info on Surefire Socom 300?

Hey guys, anyone have any info on the new Socom 300 Surfire announced at shot? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this stackes up against the Saker 762.
    Thaddeus Krugman

Feedback Score
    We have 2 versions. The SOCOM300-SPS is a fast attach system and is Inconel and SS. On a 10" barrel we are getting 120dB with 208 gr Hornady ammo. MSRP $1075. We also have thread on version called the Genesis 762. Same very unique baffles as the SOCOM300-SPS and construction. Both are rated for 5.56 to 300 WM and we did testing on a 24" .308 with 175 SMK and recorded 129 dB. I will be getting 300 WM and 5.56 data soon.
    Garin Lee
    SureFire Suppressor Division
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu22 View Post
    We have 2 versions. The SOCOM300-SPS is a fast attach system and is Inconel and SS. On a 10" barrel we are getting 120dB with 208 gr Hornady ammo. MSRP $1075. We also have thread on version called the Genesis 762. Same very unique baffles as the SOCOM300-SPS and construction. Both are rated for 5.56 to 300 WM and we did testing on a 24" .308 with 175 SMK and recorded 129 dB. I will be getting 300 WM and 5.56 data soon.
    That sounds amazing! Any idea about a release date? Also do you know the length of the fast attach version? Thanks
    Thaddeus Krugman

Feedback Score
    We released them at SHOT and are taking orders now. The baffles will be machined in a few weeks so I would guess with ATF transfers dealers should be seeing them end of March.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Are these special baffles better designed for 300BLK, with the 762s baffles better for supersonic .308 loads? Going to add to my SOCOM collection soon and trying to decide between the two!

Feedback Score
    The SOCOM series of suppressors addressed suppressors as a whole. First round flash, back pressure, cycle rate, durability, sound, light weight. The SOCOM300-SPS and Genesis 762 were designed from the ground up for sound reduction. Outside of subs on a gas gun there will be a difference what the rest of the line has a whole package. The military typically sets the specs and list of features for us but these suppressors we listened to those that wanted the highest level of sound reduction as the first thing on the wish list.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The SOCOM series of suppressors addressed suppressors as a whole. First round flash, back pressure, cycle rate, durability, sound, light weight. The SOCOM300-SPS and Genesis 762 were designed from the ground up for sound reduction. Outside of subs on a gas gun there will be a difference what the rest of the line has a whole package. The military typically sets the specs and list of features for us but these suppressors we listened to those that wanted the highest level of sound reduction as the first thing on the wish list.
    Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Knowing that, I think I'll be going with a SOCOM762. That helped a lot!

Feedback Score
    What I would really like to see is a muzzle brake mount that's a little better suited to SBRs.
    Thaddeus Krugman

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4CARBINE556 View Post
    What I would really like to see is a muzzle brake mount that's a little better suited to SBRs.
    It what aspects?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    It what aspects?
    Something more along the lines of a battle comp or triple tap. Something less deafening and with less concussion when shooting unsuppressed.
    Thaddeus Krugman

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast