Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will these in fact be released in FDE?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/8990046653

Some historical information about the gun and why it was built.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put 10 rounds through the rifle on the local indoor range earlier just to make sure my windage is good for shooting at longer ranges this weekend.

I shot suppressed with supersonic. Of course the ten round "torture" test means nothing but the gun ran fine up to this point.

Really the only thing I can comment on at this point is the trigger. We gauged it at 13.5 pounds. I can only assume that SIG is using extra power springs for when they release the 7.62X39 conversion. I'm sure they want reliable ignition with Russian primers.

More tomorrow or Sunday, hopefully.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    May have missed it, but what are the pistol barrel lengths?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    May have missed it, but what are the pistol barrel lengths?
    9" IIRC
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    9" IIRC
    9" for 5.56?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a look at the rear of the lower receiver. Note the recoil buffer.

uploadfromtaptalk1423869077678.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Playing around a little with the rifle and a fired case I see that the gap between the charging handle and bolt has been closed up a bit. It now looks like the gap has been reduced to the point that a fired case can no longer become lodged between the top of the bolt carrier and the handle. The charging handle also lacks the "nose" at the front that interfaces with the bolt carrier. These changes should eliminate our favorite AR malfunctions. uploadfromtaptalk1423869352312.jpg

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    9" for 5.56?
    Indeed

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    The Sig MCX has been submitted to the French rifle competition against the HK416A5, Croation VHS-2, Beretta ARX-160, and FNH SCAR-L.

Should be interresting. I think the Sig has a real chance at winning based off what I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast