Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    Has anyone investigated having a Virtus barrel turned down? I wonder if the hard exterior nitride coating will pose an issue?

Feedback Score
    IMO, the MCX is at its best with a barrel just long enough to get 110gr VMax .300blk to fragment out to 50 yards or so. That barrel length looked like 6.75" when I tried to research MV at that length compared with fragmentation threshold with that projectile.

With the suppressor removed it's shorter than a full-size MP5 by an inch or more.

The only regret I have is not getting a longer 7.62 can, as my Omega isn't that quiet with subs. This configuration is great with supers and almost exactly as long as an 11" 5.56 upper with flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uer-mcx-rifle/

Ultimate Guide: The SIG Sauer MCX Rifle, Carbine And Pistol Platform
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Sending my legacy 300BLK pistol back to Sig this morning to get some things worked out. I can no longer switch the gas block, I feel like I am going to break it trying. Also the recoil springs have begun to feel sluggish when returning. Hopefully it's good news.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Sending my legacy 300BLK pistol back to Sig this morning to get some things worked out. I can no longer switch the gas block, I feel like I am going to break it trying. Also the recoil springs have begun to feel sluggish when returning. Hopefully it's good news.
    I had the same problem. Eventually I got it working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The new gas block and piston design takes the ar15 type piston rings off the piston and puts it on the gas selector to prevent fouling build up there. The piston head now has grooves like an AK piston instead of the ring and doesn't fit as tight as before.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I had the same problem. Eventually I got it working again.

Well that at least inspires confidence. I want this thing to be good to go for when my can gets out of NFA jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The new gas block and piston design takes the ar15 type piston rings off the piston and puts it on the gas selector to prevent fouling build up there. The piston head now has grooves like an AK piston instead of the ring and doesn't fit as tight as before.
    Are we talking the Virtus uppers?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Well that at least inspires confidence. I want this thing to be good to go for when my can gets out of NFA jail.

Mine is legacy. It would be interesting if that is an improvement in the Virtus

Feedback Score
    Mine is a legacy 5.56 11.5" pistol. The piston set up on it is the new type. The legacy .300blk barrel I bought for it a couple years ago has the old setup like you described that can freeze up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/IBWj6h5Rb_k

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast