Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    I don't think the price of the MCX will be coming down anytime soon. To me it is a niche gun, and until they allow dozens of other makers the licensing to make copies (like all the ARs out there) it won't be competitive. Being the U.S. military weapon also gives the AR a huge leg up. I'd love a folding stock SBR MCX, but am not willing to lay out that much cash until it's been a proven design for years. I'll probably just put a Law Tactical folder on my current gun.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Just received this video in an email from Sig.

http://youtu.be/_AbnRR_vNlc
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No mention of the change in gas settings. Maybe the video was filmed pre-change.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No mention of the change in gas settings. Maybe the video was filmed pre-change.
    Supposedly this is the first of 3 videos that will be released highlighting the rifle's features. A member on Sigforum says that he has seen a 2nd gen MCX today that has adjustable gas setting - normal and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Supposedly this is the first of 3 videos that will be released highlighting the rifle's features. A member on Sigforum says that he has seen a 2nd gen MCX today that has adjustable gas setting - normal and suppressed.
    Hopefully Sig did the gas system correctly this time.......unlike what they did with the 556 rifles with the ports reversed on some rifles or the ports the exact same size on other rifles:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ports-reversed

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the accessories on this page www.sigevolution.com/sigmcx are available anywhere? They aren't on Sig's website that I can find. Has anyone on here SBR'd one yet and managed to get their hands on short barrels and handguards etc?
    I can't think of anything witty or profound to put here.

Feedback Score
    Apparently, there are indeed Gen2 guns on dealer shelves. Look for an adjustable gas block and cutouts in the hand guard. Below is a picture that was edited by LLD, an administrator on Sig Forum, that shows the cutout:

Attachment 34992

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    image.jpgimage.jpgHere is a close up. Pardon my iphone pics.

Of interest is that the actual upper receiver is cut differently than the original guns. The gas system might not be adjustable without removing the handguard should the original guns be retrofit with the new gas block without the new upper receiver with the larger windows being replaced as well. I remember some saying that the new barrels will be backwards compatible. That could be the case but it may not be a 100% solution for early adopters without changing the entire top end. at least this time sig seems somewhat forward thinking and included another larger cut a couple inches back to allow the user to toggle the piston setting for a shorter gas system.

here is a pic of the mcx being carried in London during Netanyahu's visit.
    2C258A2400000578-0-image-a-3_1441912627679.jpg
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 09-14-15 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the photos. I'm still curious to see what SIG plans to do, if anything, to retrofit the existing guns. I'll give customer service a call tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 09-20-15 at 14:59.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Thanks for the photos. I'm still curious to see what SIG plans to do, if anything, to retrofit the existing guns. I'll give customer service a call tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    It seems that you would need to replace the gas system/barrel and handguard which is about 1/2 the upper. Somehow, I don't see that happening for free.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-20-15 at 16:59.

Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast