Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I don't see that happening for free.
    No you're probably right. I guess it won't be a concern until/if SIG starts selling 7.62x39 barrels anyway.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No you're probably right. I guess it won't be a concern until/if SIG starts selling 7.62x39 barrels anyway.
    Assuming the 7.62X39 has an adjustable gas block, you will need to buy a 2nd gen hand guard (with cut outs for adjustment access) in addition to a barrel, bolt assembly, mags, etc.

My suspicion is that we will see second generation 300Blk barrels out in a few months since the gen 1 Cabela's exclusive guns had 300 kits. I'm unsure if these will have adjustable gas blocks since 300blk and 5.56 are very different beasts when it comes to reliability when suppressed - especially at short barrel lengths.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-20-15 at 19:51.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Another video has been released by Sig.

http://youtu.be/GuORTk8CqPw

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First adoption that I'm aware of. I wonder how many rifles they purchased.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/28...n-met-sig-mcx/
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    First adoption that I'm aware of. I wonder how many rifles they purchased.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/28...n-met-sig-mcx/
    That's interesting. Is the Met trying to move away from the MP5 or are they worried about something like the terror attacks that happened on the continent occurring in London in the near future?
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The samples in my shop have adjustable gas blocks so I'm assuming they're Gen 2. No word on 300 or 7.62x39 yet. They do look promising though and I'm hoping to keep one for testing.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    What kind of accuracy have people been getting with these rifles? I think it looks pretty interesting but I haven't had a chance to get a feel for one yet. One thing I wish they would do is to use another lower for the 7.62x39 version that would accept AK mags, why couldn't they just do some work to adapt their 55X lower that fits those mags?
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    What kind of accuracy have people been getting with these rifles? I think it looks pretty interesting but I haven't had a chance to get a feel for one yet. One thing I wish they would do is to use another lower for the 7.62x39 version that would accept AK mags, why couldn't they just do some work to adapt their 55X lower that fits those mags?
    I have not heard any reports and I saw Mr. Vicker's opinions on it so I'm hesitant to keep one for testing at the moment. I'll let customers decide if they want it and I've had many express interest though no one has pulled out a CC or cash yet. I'm not really sure why they didn't make an adaptable mag well. CZ did so with the 805 Bren. Not sure why Sig didn't also add a bolt hold open or even a simple bolt release on the right side. Ambi mag releases but no bolt release even? Strange stuff but it makes me wonder if there will be updates in the future. Another reason I'm hesitant.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    I agree that an ambi bolt release was in order. However, the fact that I can just drop the MCX upper into any number of the SBR registered KAC IWS lowers that are sitting in my safe has me very intrigued. Still, I've held out because I do NOT, under any circumstances, buy new rifles in their first year of release - especially from Sig. So, I'm going to patiently wait and see what shakes out of this bad boy.

As for Mr. Vicker's take on the gun, I'd like to hear the details of why he holds that opinion. Did he actually witness malfunctions that he could attribute to the operating system length? Does he have some inside scoop on agency testing? As it stands now, the manner of his review is...disappointing. I suspect that I would not be allowed to post such a scant review of one of his products in such a negative light.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    I bet you could stick it on rock river lar-47 lower.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast