Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    I bought an MCX last week. So far it looks like a great design, extremely light weight. I cannot wait to go get it zeroed next week.
    I'd love to get more real world use feedback. Looking forward to on-going impressions and how it compares to say, something like the FN SCAR.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Who has the Pistol or SBR configuration of the MCX? Isn't the 300BLK designed for short barrels and suppression, wouldn't it be a better option than a 9mm MP5 or MPX for something close? What would be the weight and length of the MCX with a suppressor in 300BLK be? close to an MP5SD?
    I am looking forward to some more details on the MCX in 300BLK, seems like it would be a handy little firearm, something that you could throw in a Noveske backpack or fit in the storage compartment under the seat in a truck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    Who has the Pistol or SBR configuration of the MCX? Isn't the 300BLK designed for short barrels and suppression, wouldn't it be a better option than a 9mm MP5 or MPX for something close? What would be the weight and length of the MCX with a suppressor in 300BLK be? close to an MP5SD?
    I am looking forward to some more details on the MCX in 300BLK, seems like it would be a handy little firearm, something that you could throw in a Noveske backpack or fit in the storage compartment under the seat in a truck.
    I could be wrong on this, but I don't think that Sig has shipped any MCX's in a pistol configuration yet. They just recently started shipping the 16" rifle in .300 BLK, so I would imagine that MCX pistols would be coming sooner rather than later. While some of the MCX related products such as the different stock othe have started making their way into the wild, Sig still has a pretty far way to go to deliver on everything they promised.

As far as .300 BLK vs 9mm, my understanding is that the entire MCX platform was developed for that very reason. The popular story is that the MCX was born out of a special forces request to replace the MP5SD with something more deadly at range and just as quiet. Sig has repeatedly shown off a 9" barreled version of the MCX in .300 BLK and along with one of their tubeless 7.62 suppressors the total overall length seems to be somewhere around what an M4 with a 14.5" barrel would be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I have an MCX and the design is great. I'm waiting for the handguard with the round profile to come out from SIG. Also planning on changing the flash hider to a Surefire - might even get it cut down and pinned since the barrel is easily removable.

I have a MCX also but I have not seen any pics of a MCX with a round profile hand guard, MPX only :-(

Also I wonder if there will be any aftermarket rails released after the Shot Show next week ?
    Last edited by rm2092; 01-14-16 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post

Also I wonder if there will be any aftermarket rails released after the Shot Show next week ?
    Heh... Um.... If you mean they might have a rail on display at SHOT, that's entirely different from will be released.

SIG is taking a page from the Keltec Book of Product Launching. I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The LVAW was a direct requirement, end user driven, and built to the requirements asked. It is literally exactly what the end user group that bought it asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Yes, as I said in Post #315.

The problem is, "LVAW" is a Mk 23... nobody is asking for it.

Also, seeing as the MCX "won," I would question the evaluation criteria that went into selecting it... particularly sustainability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    The LVAW was a direct requirement, end user driven, and built to the requirements asked. It is literally exactly what the end user group that bought it asked for.
    Has the system's problems with water been a concern for end users? Curious after watching the MAC torture test of the MCX.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchTheWorldBern View Post
    Has the system's problems with water been a concern for end users? Curious after watching the MAC torture test of the MCX.
    I don't know the answer to the question and will let M4Guru (or some other SME) answer that, but I would like to remind you that MAC's torture "test" is a sample of one. Like the bendy-framed FNX45, it could simply be an outlier, tolerance stacking, or simply a lemon.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I don't know the answer to the question and will let M4Guru (or some other SME) answer that, but I would like to remind you that MAC's torture "test" is a sample of one. Like the bendy-framed FNX45, it could simply be an outlier, tolerance stacking, or simply a lemon.
    I realize. I would very much like to see a more rigorous discussion (from an engineering and end user perspective) on what happened in that video, what the weaknesses in the MCX system are, etc. From that video, it looked vastly more susceptible to water and grit in the action than any decently standard AR, which was pretty alarming.

I'm also curious if Sig is going to respond to that video (though right before SHOT, I imagine they have their hands full), either to fix a lemon or fix the system. I think they've responded well to MAC having issues with their stuff in the past, if I'm remembering correctly?

Feedback Score
    Here is my new stock and a few extras mounted.

Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast