Page 37 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchTheWorldBern View Post
    I realize. I would very much like to see a more rigorous discussion (from an engineering and end user perspective) on what happened in that video, what the weaknesses in the MCX system are, etc. From that video, it looked vastly more susceptible to water and grit in the action than any decently standard AR, which was pretty alarming.

I'm also curious if Sig is going to respond to that video (though right before SHOT, I imagine they have their hands full), either to fix a lemon or fix the system. I think they've responded well to MAC having issues with their stuff in the past, if I'm remembering correctly?
    The thing about the video that I'm curious about is how well was it lubed prior to his testing. I thought I heard him say the gun was pretty dry, but I may have misunderstood. I just wonder if the gun was run "wet" with lube if it would not have performed better.

Feedback Score
    A number of 5.56 mm / 300 blk factory kits are showing up on gunbroker; all with 16" barrels. Price seems to be ~$1800. Hopefully this means short barrels will be shipping soon...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Looks like the kits are part number RMCX-300B-16B-TFSAL-P-CKIT, and they ship in a fitted foam hard case whereas the normal rifles ship in cardboard boxes. Considering that the lowest normal price I see for the base rifles is $1,679 (especially since Bud's dropped their "make an offer" feature ), this seems like a pretty damn good deal.

It also looks like the .300 BLK and 5.56mm barrels are now using the same gas system length. I guess that would explain some of the reports that I remember seeing where people were saying their operating rods for the bolt carrier were no longer marked as being 5.56 and 7.62 specific.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    Interesting. Looks like the kits are part number RMCX-300B-16B-TFSAL-P-CKIT, and they ship in a fitted foam hard case whereas the normal rifles ship in cardboard boxes. Considering that the lowest normal price I see for the base rifles is $1,679 (especially since Bud's dropped their "make an offer" feature ), this seems like a pretty damn good deal.

It also looks like the .300 BLK and 5.56mm barrels are now using the same gas system length. I guess that would explain some of the reports that I remember seeing where people were saying their operating rods for the bolt carrier were no longer marked as being 5.56 and 7.62 specific.
    LGS had one for $1499. Not sure if it sold yet or not. It was 5.56mm and with the 16" barrel.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    LGS had one for $1499. Not sure if it sold yet or not. It was 5.56mm and with the 16" barrel.
    Unfortunately my LGS's rarely carry anything like the MCX, and if they did you could bet that they would be asking near full retail for just the base gun. I was initially planning on ordering from Bud's, since with their "Make an Offer" tool you could get the price down to $1550 if you played around with it. I guess they finally realized that most people were getting around the original intent of that feature and constantly finding the best prices, so they removed it and replaced it with a price match option.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    Unfortunately my LGS's rarely carry anything like the MCX, and if they did you could bet that they would be asking near full retail for just the base gun. I was initially planning on ordering from Bud's, since with their "Make an Offer" tool you could get the price down to $1550 if you played around with it. I guess they finally realized that most people were getting around the original intent of that feature and constantly finding the best prices, so they removed it and replaced it with a price match option.
    Ever think about checking the EE? Just saying....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Ever think about checking the EE? Just saying....
    There are auctions ending on GB for around $1400 every day...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    There are auctions ending on GB for around $1400 every day...
    There's that, too.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    No offense, but I prefer to buy new when possible and I also prefer to avoid the hassle of Gunbroker whenever possible as well. After a little playing around this afternoon I discovered that the new Buds price match feature is just the old name your price feature with fewer tries. For anyone else who likes to window shop them like me, Slickguns will usually give you their minimum accepted price.

I actually just placed an order for a 5.56 MCX from them for $1514. I was tempted to wait and see if they would list the .300 BLK/5.56mm kit, but with the cost of .300 BLK ammo I think I'll just stick to 5.56 for now.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just remember that the kits are more than likely the original self regulating gas systems. Unless something has changed, I'm not aware of kits with the newer two position gas. You'll enjoy the MCX.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 37 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast