Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is SIG a controlling business partner with Lancer?
    I have no clue but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I mean their comments could be a smoke screen and they're trolling us but who knows.

Feedback Score
    Based on what I've read and experienced with Sig USA's customer service, you have to take just about everything they say with a very large grain of salt. I've been browsing through the threads on the Sig Rifle section of TOS, and it seems that every gets completely different answers when it comes to MPX/MCX parts availability and lead times.

At least at this point it seems that they have almost all of the stock variations available. I would assume that the next step would be barrels and/or hand guards.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Find it weird that they would have a "carbon fiber division" when Lancer makes the MPX's mags and makes whole carbon fiber stock and forend sets for Sig rifles.
    All that means is that the SIG guy who's responsible for talking to Lancer has reported back that the Lancer part isn't ready yet.

I'm still subbed on to this thread despite having sold my MPX and my new found appreciation for the CZ Evo3.... SIG couldn't have dropped the ball any harder on this.

The idea is that HK parts are stupid expensive, so what does SIG do? Makes a folding stock cost $300 and then only trickle out availability.

I'm pretty glad I walked away from this shit show, but I feel for you guys still in it.

When they do a Gen3 that has a suppressor friendly gas system, maybe I'll come back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    All that means is that the SIG guy who's responsible for talking to Lancer has reported back that the Lancer part isn't ready yet.

I'm still subbed on to this thread despite having sold my MPX and my new found appreciation for the CZ Evo3.... SIG couldn't have dropped the ball any harder on this.

The idea is that HK parts are stupid expensive, so what does SIG do? Makes a folding stock cost $300 and then only trickle out availability.

I'm pretty glad I walked away from this shit show, but I feel for you guys still in it.

When they do a Gen3 that has a suppressor friendly gas system, maybe I'll come back.
    That actually makes sense. I'm sure they have something but as you said with the stocks... it's just trickling out.

Feedback Score
    Only a narrow segment of the non-thinking population are paying $300 +for MPX/MCX stocks on Gunbroker. The Kate Moss and collapsing stocks are now shipping from the factory within 2-3 weeks of order and go for $230-240 using the 20% discount. That's only $30 more than the factory CZ stock that requires a 922r kit. The cost of a Magpul Zhukov stock on a CZ balloons up to $375 - $200 for the 922r kit and $170 for the Zhukov adaptor and stock.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-22-16 at 13:46.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Only a narrow segment of the non-thinking population are paying $300 +!for MPX/MCX stocks. The Kate Moss and collapsing stocks are now shipping within 2-3 weeks of order and go for $230 using the 20% discount. That's only $30 more than the factory CZ stock that requires a 922r kit. The cost of a Magpul Zhukov stock on a CZ balloons up to $375 - $200 for the 922r kit and $170 for the Zhukov adaptor and stock.
    But you're joking if you want to start running up totals to prove some personal view.

And... your math is kinda messed up anyhow. Why would anyone pay for the 922kit vs just the parts minus the stock? Actually, serious, I don't care. I'm not here to make a CZ vs MPX war - just be honest in your claims.
    Last edited by Noodles; 01-22-16 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    ... But you're joking if you want to start running up totals to prove some personal view.

And... your math is kinda messed up anyhow. Why would anyone pay for the 922kit vs just the parts minus the stock? Actually, serious, I don't care. I'm not here to make a CZ vs MPX war - just be honest in your claims.
    Hmm, probably because CZ does not sell all the parts necessary outside of the kit. If I'm wrong, please show me where I can buy a CZ 922r kit minus the stock for anything less than $200. I've been looking for the individual CZ parts but they are not sold outside of the kit from what I can tell. Yes, I have a CZ too and I called CZ in December; they told me that the kit was the only way to insure that all the parts were US made.

As for being honest, my collapsing stock was ordered in late November and arrived mid-December. I paid $239 from Sig with free shipping. Outside of the tax stamp, it cost me $1439 to SBR my MPX - $1200 for the Gen2 MPX + $239 for the stock. My CZ will be $750 for the pistol + $20 safety delete + $200 for the 922r kit which includes a stock. Tack on another $170 for the Zhukov stock if I get the itch.

Oh, and one last point. I can use my MPX collapsing stock on a MCX should I decide to go that route...
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-22-16 at 14:04.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    But you're joking if you want to start running up totals to prove some personal view.

Dude, your the one that started this MPX VS CZ war. Glad you like your CZ but this is an MCX thread so go find a CZ thread somewhere.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Only a narrow segment of the non-thinking population are paying $300 +for MPX/MCX stocks on Gunbroker. The Kate Moss and collapsing stocks are now shipping from the factory within 2-3 weeks of order and go for $230-240 using the 20% discount. That's only $30 more than the factory CZ stock that requires a 922r kit. The cost of a Magpul Zhukov stock on a CZ balloons up to $375 - $200 for the 922r kit and $170 for the Zhukov adaptor and stock.
    Lets just stick to the 249.99 922r kit so we can keep OEM to OEM configurations. Humor me, why bring up the Zhukov? You don't need the 922r kit to buy the Zhukov and yes I realize you can only get the OEM stock with the 922r kit. What I'm getting at is, someone who buys the 922r kit is solely buying it for the stock and most people won't even add the other pieces to keep it compliant.

Unfortunately that "non-thinking" population is buying a bunch so it's the trend right now and the trend on this thread is that Sig's customer service is either clueless or misleading so until the kits start showing up more and more, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt and will live in the reality that those stocks will be that expensive for the foreseeable future. Sig can only sell so many from their site without undercutting their wholesale accounts who price them where they want.

Where's the aftermarket on some of these rails? It took Lancer well over a year to even give us a peek for the MPX and with all the pics of the demo MCX's, we know other rails were tested.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 01-23-16 at 05:03.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Get it back to the MCX--
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast