Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My friend has one of the new Sigs and commented on the price of the MCX stocks. I pointed out that when the crane m4 stocks first hit the market ( last decade? ) they were like $300 or so. I don't think this is really unprecedented.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 01-23-16 at 07:21.

Feedback Score
    It's not unheard of and Sig is actually doing a pretty good job with bringing accessories to market for the MCX. Within 8 months of release, there are 2 caliber options and no less than 4 stock options. Again, people paying full retail or more for the collapsing or Kate Moss stocks are screwing themselves - all you have to do is call Sig, pay $239, and wait 2 weeks. By May, we will likely see a 3rd caliber and short barrel options. This is far, far better than any multi caliber rollout including ARX100, ACR, Tavor, etc.

My only real complaint with Sig is the poor rollout and deceptive advertising surrounding the Gen 1 MPX platform. The Gen 1 MCX (aka Cabela's exclusive) rollout was also inelegant with changing gas systems, but less of a fiasco than the MPX.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I called yesterday to inquire about spare parts such as the recoil springs and bolt, word is 6 months but some underlying hints that was a generous estimate. Of course I forgot to ask about the piston and if the 300 was different than the 5.56 or an upgrade overall to the system and they are the same. Note in the pic I posted they are different but the 300 was produced well after the 5.56 one.
    If you guys haven't shot one, you need to, you may end up buying one.

Looking at what you get for 239, it's really not bad-and I'm cheap.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I called yesterday to inquire about spare parts such as the recoil springs and bolt, word is 6 months but some underlying hints that was a generous estimate. Of course I forgot to ask about the piston and if the 300 was different than the 5.56 or an upgrade overall to the system and they are the same. Note in the pic I posted they are different but the 300 was produced well after the 5.56 one.
    If you guys haven't shot one, you need to, you may end up buying one.

Looking at what you get for 239, it's really not bad-and I'm cheap.
    I jumped on a Gen 2 MPX back in November when they were first released and filed my Form 1 immediately after a 200 round function check the day of purchase. I'm holding out on the MCX but will probably pull the trigger as soon as factory short barrels are available in either 300 blk or 556. I like the idea of having interchangeable stocks between the 2 platforms. Plus, the idea of a 9" 300 blk rifle with a folding/collapsing stock is very attractive to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Only a narrow segment of the non-thinking population are paying $300 +for MPX/MCX stocks on Gunbroker. The Kate Moss and collapsing stocks are now shipping from the factory within 2-3 weeks of order and go for $230-240 using the 20% discount. That's only $30 more than the factory CZ stock that requires a 922r kit. The cost of a Magpul Zhukov stock on a CZ balloons up to $375 - $200 for the 922r kit and $170 for the Zhukov adaptor and stock.
    I'm considering ordering a MCX soon... either that or waiting for the 300BLK pistol version. But what is this 20% discount? And from Sig's web store directly? I can't seem to find a link to the collapsing stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson184 View Post
    I'm considering ordering a MCX soon... either that or waiting for the 300BLK pistol version. But what is this 20% discount? And from Sig's web store directly? I can't seem to find a link to the collapsing stock.
    Each new MCX/MPX came with a 20% off coupon for accessories from the Sig Store. It may have expired on 1/1/16, but I've been told there is another anounced at Shot. I suggest calling the Sig Store and asking. I paid $239 for my factory collapsing stock. Having said that, the Kate Moss folder that ships with the MCX is a much more comfortable stock to shoot after 200 rounds or so than the collapsing stock - on both the MCX and MPX.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how well it'll run in full auto. Larry said that the gun has some 'timing' issue in full auto with longer barrel, due to the piston being way too short

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    I wonder how well it'll run in full auto. Larry said that the gun has some 'timing' issue in full auto with longer barrel, due to the piston being way too short
    I read on another forum that SIG has changed, or is changing, over to the same gas port location for the 223 and 300BLK.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see that the 300blk and 5.56 16 inch guns are shipping. Anyone see the SBRs or Pistol size shipping?

Feedback Score
    I took my new MCX out the range this weekend and ran about 80 rounds through it. So far I'm really impressed with the gun. The recoil was just about the same as my Colt 6940 that I also brought, but it felt smoother overall. The rear sight required only about a 1/3 turn of adjustment to zero the gun at 50 yards with the included irons. Accuracy was more than acceptable with the Federal bulk M193 I was shooting. I was expecting the trigger to be pretty bad based on some the reviews I've read, but I was actually surprised by it. It's definitely heavier than the USGI triggers in my two AR's, but it has a shorter travel and crisper break which makes up for the slightly higher pull weight. The gun ran flawlessly the whole time, though I can't say the same for one of the Magpul M3 20 round mags I was using, but Magpul is taking care of that. Overall I'm very pleased so far and can't wait to get an optic on the gun and a few other accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I read on another forum that SIG has changed, or is changing, over to the same gas port location for the 223 and 300BLK.
    All of the newer .300 BLK guns have the longer gas system of the 5.56mm guns. There were some pictures posted a few pages back that show they have a slightly different piston design, but the length is still the same and they use the same operating rod for the BCG.

Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast