Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Restricted View Post
    I, too cut my losses after going through three (3) charging handles and a set of recoil springs. I really wanted to love that gun. It was lightweight and accurate, but I did find the handguard too tall and the recoil impulse different, but very manageable. In the end, I was never going to convert calibers or find a reason to fold the stock, but the final nail in the coffin was the small parts (which are proprietary) that kept breaking; 3 charging handles and a set of recoil springs.
    What part of the charging handle was breaking?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It was the latches. One side or the other would just stop working, thus you had to two finger claw the CH to charge it, because of its design. There is a thread on a SIG specific site with others experiencing the same issue with the CH. I haven't looked too closely at em to see if what was springs or roll pins or what.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Cant speak for him but I am on charging handle number two about 500rds into having the gun. The charging handle has latches on both sides and they open together when only one side is manually operated. The right side latch stopped moving enough to to allow me to charge the weapon when only depressing the left side latch. I replaced the small roll pin the retains the latch. It looked bent and it temporarily fixed the problem but a week later it manifested again and I got a replacement from SIG.

I might just grind the latch off of the right side if the problem continues with the replacement part(which is not yet in the hands, Sig shipped it fast but I am not around to pick it up).

Feedback Score
    If you look a couple pages back I was having the same issue. Thought my gun was a lemon. Took it to the range with several types of ammo, a buddy I know can shoot well and a magnified optic. This is what I found shooting rested off a pack between two shooters at 100 yards:

55g American Eagle XM193: terrible groups, like 5-6" if not more. Similar to what happened at my last outing.

75g .223 Hornady BTHP: accurate groupings around 1.25" to 1.5"

77g IMI mk262 clone: also very accurate with about 1.25" to 1.5"

55g .223 Hornady GMX: much better than the XM193 but not as good as the heavy weight stuff. Around 2". Ran out of time and only shot one 5 round group of this and my buddy who shot it said he didn't like any of his trigger pulls so this round could possibly shoot better than we saw.

Unfortunately we ran out of time as I had a few more types of ammo to try. I think the gun may be capable of even better groups with the heavy pills. I am certainly no crack shot and my buddy was having trouble adjusting to the trigger, but we both would be able to get touching holes with the heavy stuff only to throw the group with a bad pull and the optic we were using had a thick reticle not suited for trying to wring every last bit of accuracy out of the gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks CFF9314.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder what kind of groups people are seeing in this thing with the Sig elite ammo.

I wonder if they worked the loads up for this platform.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here are a few cellphone pics of the conversion kit.

Note the sliding bar that works as a full-auto trip.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tokarev did you order the conversion direct from Sig or through a dealer? Just curious as I have one on order with Sig that I've been waiting on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    Tokarev did you order the conversion direct from Sig or through a dealer? Just curious as I have one on order with Sig that I've been waiting on.
    Direct from SIG. Ordered probably eight months ago.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Where are people finding the Taper Cap adapter? My google-fu isn't yielding many results.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast