Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Where are people finding the Taper Cap adapter? My google-fu isn't yielding many results.
    I called Sig and they sent me one for free. The guy told me the rifle should have shipped with one. Only bad thing, it took 2 weeks to get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CFF9314 View Post
    If you look a couple pages back I was having the same issue. Thought my gun was a lemon. Took it to the range with several types of ammo, a buddy I know can shoot well and a magnified optic. This is what I found shooting rested off a pack between two shooters at 100 yards:

55g American Eagle XM193: terrible groups, like 5-6" if not more. Similar to what happened at my last outing.

75g .223 Hornady BTHP: accurate groupings around 1.25" to 1.5"

77g IMI mk262 clone: also very accurate with about 1.25" to 1.5"

55g .223 Hornady GMX: much better than the XM193 but not as good as the heavy weight stuff. Around 2". Ran out of time and only shot one 5 round group of this and my buddy who shot it said he didn't like any of his trigger pulls so this round could possibly shoot better than we saw.

Unfortunately we ran out of time as I had a few more types of ammo to try. I think the gun may be capable of even better groups with the heavy pills. I am certainly no crack shot and my buddy was having trouble adjusting to the trigger, but we both would be able to get touching holes with the heavy stuff only to throw the group with a bad pull and the optic we were using had a thick reticle not suited for trying to wring every last bit of accuracy out of the gun.
    There are 1:7 twist barrels in every platform that do not like 55 grain ammo. You appear to have one in your MCX. Having said that, your results with heavier loads is excellent and on par with what I'd expect.

I'd hoped to run my MCX hot to see if the groups open up like other have reported. Unfortunately, my problems with a new Steyr AUG have dominated my resources, but I'll eventually get around to it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any updates on the MCX? Was hoping this would be a good weapon for a 300BLK pistol/SBR but I am still on the fence.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Anyone know anything about the 7.62x39 version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    What kind of key mod rail covers are you guys using? The gas vent on the gas block vents right into my hand (I'm left handed) and it's distracting.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    What kind of key mod rail covers are you guys using? The gas vent on the gas block vents right into my hand (I'm left handed) and it's distracting.
    Bravo Company
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Knights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Gen1 gas system didn't vent out like the Gen2. At least not that I can remember.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmmm....

https://youtu.be/86DpZ1dsc3c

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hmmm....

https://youtu.be/86DpZ1dsc3c

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast